Many access control systems require to you subscribe to a remote login service such as GoToMyPC to view and update your users and doors. Not eMerge. A browser based system, eMerge removes the need to be at the site, door, or dedicated PC workstation to manage your security. No server hardware, client pc equipment, server software, or client software is needed. There's no recurring web hosted subscription or interface costs, and no client application management costs. You can even keep your current edge devices — card readers and/or keypads. This system has superior technology, but you don't have to be a tech wizard to install or use it. If you have a moderate knowledge level of computers, and routers, you could pull in a 1 to 8 door system in under 10 minutes, and literally have 90% of what you'll need done in under an hour. IT managers prefer working with the eMerge 50 because it leverages a business' existing network infrastructure, is compatible with tcp/ip based products, and leaves a zero software footprint. If technology isn't your thing, just know what's under the hood in this network access controller is the best out there. And since it's an embedded browser system, and not a hosted web-based product, we feel it's unrivaled. This is not an insignificant point. When you don't have to rely on a 3rd party, you have more control. Plus, eMerge has NAS (network access storage) capability, so you're not giving up anything. Online access control lets you browse into your system from anywhere you can get on the web. You can change codes, access swipe data, remotely arm/disarm your burglar system, and manage your entire physical security environment from a place different than where your doors are located. You wouldn't have to get up from your desk to buzz someone in, you wouldn't even have to be at the building. Geographic autonomy is an enormous advantage. It lets you make changes and push updates to local and remote doors on your time. eMerge can notify you by email and SMS text message when there's a security breach, or alarm event, such as a propped door. With this instantaneous monitoring capability, you're always kept in the loop, and better equipped to make decisions and handle a situation. By combining online access control, remote monitoring, and remote management into a self-contained, single purpose, network-ready platform, eMerge removes the difficult task of maintaining software updates at the head office, and branches. It makes carrying out tasks such as cancelling an employee's credentials, performing a global lockdown, mustering, and generating a report more efficient. One of the single most impressive elements of eMerge is it's open database. If you're a retail chain, franchise, or company that must have an access control system you can integrate with your invoicing system, loyalty program, or other marketing database, eMerge can do it. Easy to learn, eMerge is like navigating most web pages, and the help sections are related to the specific area on the page you are working on. The training tutorials are top notch, and tech support is readily available. You can go at your own pace, and the tech agents welcome you to call. eMerge is the clear choice for remote access control.
- Online Access Control — Make access control decisions, define a variety of access levels and time specifications, write system activity into a log file, maintain a personnel enrollment database, receive signals from input devices such as door switch monitors, card readers and motion detectors, energize devices such as door locks and alarms via outputs, and provide on-screen monitoring features from the web
- Browser Managed — Monitor & control a single location or multiple facilities from the web
- Self-Contained Network Appliance: No software, gateways, communication wiring, or plug-in adapters to install, simply connect eMerge to your network!
- Geographic Independence: You can be a different location than your doors and still make updates
- 32 Door Max: eMerge 50 includes 2 Door Bundle with Network Controller, 2 door Access Control Module/Blade (ACM), enclosure, and power supply, 3 Series.
- Up to 7 ACM/Blades may be mounted within a single Network Controller Node. Expansion Nodes available for systems with 15-32 doors.
- Max. Number of Users/Card Holders: 5,000
- Alarm Panel Interface — Arm/disarm upon authorized access, or remotely from your mobile device
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) Back-Up: Auto-back up of large sums of data for retrieving, and indexing of historical records. System keeps prior 50,000 transactions, but you can store unlimited number of records with NAS, or even FTP to offsite or onsite storage
- User Record: Access levels, card assignments, photo ID, personal information and password protected access accomplished from one screen
- Interactive Reports — Simple to use query language makes creating ad hoc reports easy. Variety of predefined reports regarding software and security hardware configuration, event history, and the administration of people within the system are available
- e-mail and Short Message Service (SMS)
- Supreme Performance — Totally solid state construction for years of trouble-free service
- Readers: The eMerge Access Control Module (ACM) supports card readers that use the Wiegand Reader Interface
- Operating System: Red Hat Linux
- Database Engine: PostgreSQL (ODBC Compliant, API Enabled)
- DBMS compatibility: SQL, ODBC
- e-mail support: POP, SMTP
- Encryption: SSL, SHA-1
- Network: NTP, TCP/IP
- Web: http, https, xml
- Processor: Intel XScale-IXP425
- Memory: CompactFlash (CF) 2 GB