It was too complicated to use in my opinion---the more expensive ones (battery) are better. Fran
Lock was relatively easy to install. I was disappointed with the plastic pieces, especially the latch bolt. The handle feels a bit flimsy as well. Overall a decent lock for the money. Trent, Yuma, CO
The 2835 keyless lock worked out perfectly for the application where we needed it. We looked at many different keyless locks that involved a lot of money and some construction work on the door and door jam. These were easy to put in, very cost effective and are working great. Betty, Salem Surgery Center, Salem, NH
The lock was fairly easy to install and works fine. It also wasn't difficult to change the code before installation. If you are replacing a lock that has a rounded hole, the square keypad may not fit exactly right, but we were able to fit it and the round hole does not show. Susan from Illinois
At this point my only comment would address the latchbolt on the locks we received. We received a 1" x 2 1/4" latchbolt front which doesn't work well with a commecial door which has a 1 1/8" x 2 1/4" front. Maybe you offer the two sizes but it wasn't apparent when we placed our order. If you only offer the one size I would suggest offering a shim to trim out the latchbolt front in the 1 1/8" width of the commercial door. Gary, Commercial Hardware, Springfield, MO
A best-seller since its debut in early 2009, the Lockey® 2835 Digital Door Lock is one of only two brands of 100% mechanical door locks we've offered. It comes down to safety and performance. From the tumbler pins, handing pin, internal plate screws, push buttons, and craftsmanship of the front and back lock housings, you won't find anything about the Digital Door Lock to call wimpy. If you're beginning a new keyless entry system or expanding an existing one, the Digital Door Lock is a phenomenal choice.
When you free yourself from keys you eliminate the hassle of dealing with them. Everyone knows keys get lost or misplaced — who hasn't screamed "where are my keys!" Imagine never losing your keys again, ever. Get the 2835 today and you won't. It lets you program in a secret pass-code you, your family, or your employees can all use. Your time (and money!) will never again go to waste looking for your keys, or waiting for someone to let you back in. How secure is it? Put it this way, your existing locks that lend themselves to key-bumping, and unlocked or propped open doors, are not keeping you safe.
Standard locks — because of keys — present a risk. A new lock like the 2835 comes 100% bump-proof. Security, without the key hole. What if it fails? It won't. This lock culminates from 30+ years of functional testing. It's based on the same design as the original Digital Door Lock 2210 series. They don't fail. And no one can 'knock' the lock open or determine its cipher by performing secret techniques.
Chronicled in security and law enforcement circles is the fact the majority of crimes — resulting in theft, injury, or even death — get recorded as crimes of opportunity. A door not always locked, or susceptible to key bumping, invites crime. Customizing your access with innovative door hardware gives you a prescription for security success.
Where can you install this lock? Numerous places, because it auto-locks. You can put it on your home & office entry and interior doors, gates, or any vulnerable points throughout your property where you need to restrict access, without disrupting the ease with which you and others come and go. To meet building codes, the levers on both sides measure full-size and comply with the American's Disability Act. You cannot force or kick the levers off.
From the inside, you can exit freely at all times. A passage feature even comes built-in. This proves useful for when you want everyone to enter freely without needing to punch-in the code. On the outside housing you can quickly change the lock's function from normal, to passage mode. The door will latch shut, but not lock. This comes in handy at your next office party when you invite your clients and vendors in. Also great for your kids' birthdays so you can avoid giving out the code to the parents and their kids.
The 2835 upgrades any of your key-in knob or key-in lever locks. For your doors with a deadbolt above your knob, we recommend replacing the deadbolt with our Lockey M210. For special situations where you need the door to auto-lock each time, you could remove your deadbolt altogether, and then use a cover plate behind the 2835. The plate covers up the hole left by your deadbolt.
Installation on common doors takes you no longer than vacuuming out your car — and about the same amount of effort. Requiring only one extra screw hole, you can show off your new keyless entry system the day your lock arrives. No need to worry about the elements either when you install the Lockey 2835 on an exterior door. Heavy rain, snow or ice won't phase it, nor extreme warm or cold. Even a highly concentrated salt-air ocean environment won't cause it to lose its form or function.
- All mechanical keyless lever handle cylindrical latchbolt lock. No batteries or wires necessary. Plunger bolt to prevent jimmying or knifing of the latch
- Satin chrome finish. See bright brass, antique brass, satin nickel, oil rubbed bronze, white, bright chrome, and jet black
- Auto-locking with passage feature. To set passage function, (door latches shut but stays unlocked) simply enter your secret code and then enter the (Y) button. The lock will remain in the passage mode until you press the (Y) button followed by the (C) button.
- ADA compliant access
- Entry gained with 3-6 digit pass-code; random code is supplied that you can use or change (you can make your code less or more characters in length with extra tumbler pins - available at checkout)
- To enter, punch in code, push down on lever handle and open
- To lock when exiting simply shut the door behind you. It auto re-locks
- Weatherproof performance and durability
- Bump-proof security
- Industry leading lifetime manufacturer's guarantee on the mechanics of the lock
- Dimensions: 1 5/8" W x 5 1/2" H x 2 1/4" D; with heavy-duty black neoprene trim plate - 2 1/2" W x 6 1/2" H x 2 1/4" D (inside and outside measurements)
- ADA lever size: 4" W x 1" H
- Door thickness: Fits doors 1 3/16" ~ 2 5/32" thick (extension kits available at checkout for doors up to 5" thick)
- Backset: Choose from 2 3/8" or 2 3/4" - How do I measure?