Great company, excellent customer service. Keyless lock 2835DC I purchased is working great with no problems, easy to install and set up. Highly recommend this Vendor and Lock Set! Gilbert Construction, Las Vegas, NV
I don't think you would like my review on this product. It is made and functioned poorly. Craig from Louisiana
- All mechanical two-sided combination cylindrical latchbolt lock. No batteries or wires necessary. Plunger bolt to prevent jimmying or knifing of the latch
- Satin chrome finish. See bright brass, antique brass, satin nickel, oil rubbed bronze, white, and jet black
- Auto-locking with passage feature. To set passage function, (door latches shut but stays unlocked) simply enter your secret code and then enter the (Y) button. The lock will remain in the passage mode until you press the (Y) button followed by the (C) button.
- ADA compliant access
- Code can be 3-5 characters in length (a code with more or less characters requires a Tumbler Pack - sold separately at checkout)
- To enter, punch in code, push down on lever handle and open
- To lock when exiting simply shut the door behind you. It auto re-locks
- Weatherproof performance and durability
- Bump-proof security
- Industry leading lifetime manufacturer's guarantee on the mechanics of the lock
- Dimensions: 1 5/8" W x 5 1/2" H x 2 1/4" D; with heavy-duty black neoprene trim plate - 2 1/2" W x 6 1/2" H x 2 1/4" D (inside and outside measurements)
- ADA lever size: 4" W x 1" H
- Door thickness: Fits doors 1 3/16" ~ 2 5/32" thick (extension kits available at checkout for doors up to 5" thick)
- Backset: Choose from 2 3/8" or 2 3/4" - How do I measure?
This all mechanical dual-sided lock can be used to begin a new keyless entry system or expand an existing one. When you free yourself from keys you completely eliminate the hassle of having to deal with them. Everyone knows keys just get lost or misplaced - who hasn't bellowed "where are my keys!"
What if you could always have your key on you. Get the 2835-DC today and you will. It lets you program in a secret pass-code that you, your family, or your employees can all use. Your time (and money!) will never again be wasted looking for your keys, or waiting to be let back in. How secure is it? Put it this way, your existing locks that lend themselves to key-bumping, and unlocked or propped open doors, are hardly keeping you safe.
Your current locks - because of keys - are a risk. A new lock like the 2835-DC is 100% bump-proof. There is no key hole. What if it fails? It won't. This lock is the result of 30+ years of functional testing. It doesn't fail. There are no secret techniques you can use on the push-buttons to 'knock' the lock open or determine its cipher.
Well chronicled in security and law enforcement circles is the fact that the majority of crimes - resulting in theft, injury, or even death - are crimes of opportunity. A door that is not always locked, or that can be bumped open invites crime. Customizing your access with innovative door hardware like the 2835-DC is a prescription for security success.
Where can this lock be used? Typically on gates, and openings where access must be controlled on both sides of the door, such as in a jetway, healthcare facility, or on a residence door that has sidelight panels. Families with special needs children or parents with alzheimers, may also find a two-sided lock like the 2835-DC helpful to prevent wandering.
From the inside you can set it to the same pass-code you use for entry, or a different one. There is even a passage feature built-in. This is useful for when you don't want everyone to have to put in their code. At the touchpad you can quickly change the lock's function from normal, to hold-open mode. The door will latch shut, but not lock. This will come in handy at your next office party when you have your clients and vendors in. Also great for your kids' birthdays so you don't have to give out the code to the parents and their kids.
Use the 2835-DC to upgrade your key in knob or key in lever locks. When you have a deadbolt above your knob, we recommend replacing the deadbolt with the Lockey 2210DC. For situations where you need the door to auto-lock each time, you could remove your deadbolt altogether, and then use a cover plate behind the 2835-DC. The plate will cover up the hole left by your deadbolt. To meet codes, the levers on both sides are full-size and comply with the American's Disability Act. The levers cannot be forced or kicked off.
Installation on common doors won't take you any longer than vacuuming out your car - and about the same amount of effort. Requiring only one extra screw hole, you'll be able to show off your new keyless entry the day the lock arrives. Should you be installing on an exterior door, you won't need to worry about the elements. Heavy rain, snow or ice won't phase it. Extreme warm or cold has no effect. Even a highly concentrated salt-air ocean environment won't cause it to lose its form or function.