It works well... the instructions are clear. I am very pleased with this. The one negative, is that it does go through batteries quickly. Robert from Ohio
I love my smartcodes.. Actually I am thinking of buying another one from you. Brad, Palm Harbor, FL
Important: To use the wireless features of this product, you must have a Z-Wave controller. We suggest the Vera Lite & Vera 3 for plug-n-play setup.
Winner of the 2010 CEA Mark of Excellence Award and recently featured on ABC's The View by Dr. Gadget, this new Kwikset wireless deadbolt lock provides you the luxury of remotely locking and unlocking your door from anywhere in the world. Just imagine, you're at 35,000 feet and would like to check if you remembered to lock your front door. You fire up your iPad or smartphone, make a couple clicks, and shockingly see you left your door unlocked. Before Home Connect, you'd be SOL, but not now. Touch the lock button on your mobile device and it's locked. Engineered for interoperability with home monitoring and security systems, the SmartCode Z-Wave Deadbolt with Home Connect can transform the way you live. Out of the box, the lock works as a keyless entry system only, however, it's fully wirelessly enabled. To take advantage of the wireless remote control and monitoring features you need a compatible controller. Residential access control and top level security doesn't get any better. According to the FBI, of the approximate 2.2 million burglaries committed in the US in 2008, nearly a third were unforced, unauthorized entries. So many of us — even though we know better — who don't lock our doors. Some of us won't ever lock up because it's one more thing to do, or we simply don't have the sense anything bad is going to happen. Albeit this creates an incredibly dangerous situation for your family and belongings, it's almost understandable because keys are a huge pain. In fact, when surveyed as to why folks don't lock their doors, keys are the overwhelming most common reason. Most of us think they will only get lost anyway. Others of us are the type who leave the door open when we leave the house briefly. We're only gone for an hour or less to pick up the kids after soccer, or replenish the pantry. This is plenty of time for an intruder to make off with your lightweight possessions like your DVD players, iPods, Netbooks and laptop PC's, and mom's jewelry. That's what is so ingenious about this keyless lock. Keys aren't necessary, and using the same device to check your email, surf the internet, and send and receive text messages, you can control the security of your residence even when you aren't home.
- True remote locking because of motor-driven bolt
- Receive email, phone call, or text alert every time the lock is opened, a code is attempted, or the batteries are running low
- Code capacity: 30 codes of 4-8 digits in length
- Set keyless entry codes from any internet connected PC! Great for giving temporary access to your neighbor to walk the dog, a contractor doing home repairs, or the babysitter
- Bolt-lock can be retracted and projected wirelessly
- Full 128-bit encryption security
- Deadbolt is tapered for compatibility with residential door conditions. Lock has been field tested on warped and mis-aligning doors and it works flawlessly
- Customizable auto re-lock feature. Default setting is for lock to auto re-lock in 30 seconds. You can turn this on/off
- Door thickness: 1 3/8" ~ 2"