5 Things You Need to Know about Kevo Convert Smart Locks
The advent of smart home technology has brought us all kinds of nifty gadgets that can make life a little bit easier. While smart locks are among the most popular devices in this regard, many people are bothered by the idea that they will have to change out their existing lock for the sake of a smart lock that might not fit the aesthetic vibe of their home. Well, the fine folks at Kwikset have taken these concerns into consideration, and they have responded by introducing the Kevo Convert! Below are 5 things you need to know about this innovative and ultra-convenient smart lock.
1. Kevo Convert allows you to make your existing deadbolt “smarter.”
One of the coolest things about the Kevo smart lock conversion kit is that it allows you to keep your existing deadbolt lock. You only have to replace the interior side of your lock with the stylish Kevo Convert hardware in order to give your lock an instant “IQ boost.” This means you can keep the exterior hardware of your current lock the same while also enjoying the benefits of using smart lock technology!
2. When you use the Kevo Convert, your smartphone becomes your key.
Once you install the Kevo Convert (which takes only minutes), you can download and begin using the free Kevo mobile app, which is available for both iOS and Android devices. Using this handy and intuitive app, you can lock and unlock your Kevo Convert via Bluetooth connectivity, which means that you can easily access your home without having to fumble around with clunky keys.
3. The Kevo Convert is no slouch when it comes to security.
The Kevo Convert utilizes military-grade PKI encryption, which features robust security measures (e.g., digital signatures, encryption algorithms, etc.) and strong authentication mechanisms to ensure only authorized users can access and use their Kevo-enabled smart lock. As an added layer of security, the Kevo Convert also features patent-pending positioning technology, which prevents unauthorized access by automatically detecting whether or not you are inside your home.
4. The Kevo Convert allows you to send and manage various types of eKeys.
One of the most convenient features of the Kevo Convert is that it enables you to send and manage a variety of eKeys, giving you full control over who has access to your lock, as well as what type of access they will have. You can create three different types of eKeys:
- Scheduled eKey: Using this eKey, you can establish a pre-set time period within which the recipient can have access to your lock. You can determine the days of the week and times of the day when the eKey will be active. Once you have created this eKey, it will not expire, and it can be reassigned to other individuals as you see fit.
- Anytime eKey: As the name implies, you can assign this eKey to anyone, anytime, anywhere. It never expires, and it can also be reassigned to other individuals at your discretion.
- Guest eKey: This key can be used for various scenarios in which a person may only need access to your home for a short amount of time (e.g., cleaning services, the cable company, repair or maintenance workers, etc.). The eKey is only good for 24 hours, and it allows your guest unrestricted access for 24 hours from the time of issue. After that, the eKey will automatically be deleted, even if it wasn’t used. With the Kevo Convert, you can create an unlimited number of guest eKeys, and you can assign them however you see fit.
5. Kevo Convert is compatible with other popular smart home devices.
This includes Amazon Alexa devices (Echo and Dot), Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostats, Android Wear, Nest thermostats, Skybell video doorbells, and Ring video doorbells.
It’s hard to beat the ease of installation and convenience of the Kevo Convert. It’s the simplest way to take advantage of smart lock technology without having to completely replace your current lock. If you’re ready to give your favorite deadbolt a quick and easy “intelligence upgrade,” switch to the Kevo Convert today!