Industry-First Smart Lock Kwikset Kevo Works With Nest
Exciting news for Kevo and Nest owners! Both devices now communicate and work together. We sell the Kwikset Kevo on our website:
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Kwikset® Kevo™, the industry’s first smart lock, now works with Nest, enabling greater home control convenience for current and future Kevo users. Starting today, customers will be able to set the Nest Learning Thermostat™ to Home and Away modes through the Kevo app.
“Kwikset’s integration with Nest is an example of Kwikset’s commitment to improving the Kevo user experience,” says Keith Brandon, director of residential access solutions, Kwikset. “Both Nest and Kwikset add convenience to users’ active, on-the-go lives and we are proud to provide added value for consumers with both products.”
How Does Kevo Work with Nest?Upon locking, Kevo will prompt the user to set Nest to Away mode, adjusting the thermostat to a lower energy-saving temperature as determined by each individual user. Kevo prompts the thermostat to adjust to Home mode upon unlocking, which returns the thermostat to the user’s preferred temperature. Users who choose to sync their Kevo and Nest products will see the benefit of energy savings with minimal effort on the part of the homeowner.
Kwikset shaped the future of the smart lock and revolutionized the way consumers think about home security with the release of Kevo in October 2013. Using patent-pending Touch-to-Open technology developed by partner UniKey Technologies, Inc., Kevo pairs with compatible smart phones using Bluetooth® Smart to turn the smart phone into an electronic key (eKey). With Kevo, consumers can keep their phone in their pocket or purse and use their finger to lock and unlock their deadbolt, avoiding the hassle of juggling grocery bags or fumbling for keys.
Kwikset continues to lead the industry by continuously updating functionality of Kevo, the only smart lock on the market that offers all of the following features:
- Inside / Outside Technology – Kevo includes patent-pending intelligent positioning technology that detects whether an authorized user is inside or outside of the home before granting access, to help prevent unauthorized entry.
- Touch-to-Open Convenience – Users can keep their phones in their pocket or purse, no need to remove the device in order to lock or unlock the door. No more fumbling for keys, simply touch the lock to open for the ultimate in convenience.
- Guest and Scheduled eKeys – Users can control access to the home for friends, family and guests using eKeys, which can be set to allow repeating 24-hour access in addition to setting time constraints or allowing all-day access
- SmartKey® Re-Key Technology – Kwikset’s patented SmartKey technology provides superior security and re-keying convenience unlike any other smart lock on the market.
- Leadership in Both Security and Technology – With Kwikset’s long-time leadership in residential door lock security, and UniKey’s expertise in smart access control technology, Kevo is engineered to give consumers both maximum security and technology performance.
“Over the last year, Kwikset and UniKey have worked together to push the envelop of what a smart lock means to the consumer,” says Phil Dumas, UniKey founder and president. “Working with Nest was a clear next step for enhancing the user experience and bringing the Kevo platform to a larger audience.”
Kevo’s Work with Nest integration is available now to Kevo users with iOS 8 or greater. Current Kevo users with compatible operating systems can access the integration through Kevo app versions 1.3, available for free download in the Apple store.
For additional information about Kevo or to access images and request product for review, please visit http://kwiksetpresskit.com.
CES Tech West Sands Expo Booth #71021
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/industry-first-smart-lock-kwikset-kevo-works-with-nest-300015299.html
Copyright (C) 2015 PR Newswire. All rights reserved