Z-Wave Plus Range Extender 6
Keep your smart home smart. The Range Extender 6 keeps your Z-Wave Plus network strong by repeating and amplifying Z-Wave Plus signals throughout your home or office. Compact design prevents interference with neighboring power outlets.
- Extends the range and reliability of your Z-Wave Plus network
- Repeats Z-Wave Plus messages
- Amplifies Z-Wave Plus signals
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports beaming
- Optional AES-128 encryption mode
- Signal indicator for Connected, AES-128 Encrypted, and Disconnected status
- Outlet friendly design to prevent blocking neighboring outlets
- 428 ft. signal range open air*
*Effective wireless range will vary based on location, environment, building materials and other external factors
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Z-Wave Classic
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
1 3/4 (H) x 1 3/4 (W) x 7/8 (D) in.
428 ft. open air
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q How does this device to compare to simply adding another z-wave device (i.e. GE Smartswitch - htt... answer nowA
This acts as another device within the mesh network, easy to add in and pair so it will expand the network at less cost than having to purchase a whole new item. It also allows you to fill in gaps where you may not be able to install an always-on device.
This is designed to work with a Z-wave system. Alexa is an Amazon device and not a Z-wave hub. If you have a Z-wave hub connected to your Alexa system this will pair in with the Z-wave system you have already. If you do not have a Z-wave system you should speak with our residential home automation department and they will help you choose the best system to meet your needs.
- Answered by the admin Z-Wave extenders amplify your Z-Wave network in your environment. Because Z-Wave is a mesh network the more devices you add the stronger your network becomes. Due to this concept, the extender will aid in strengthening your signal/communication of your network as a whole.
Yes, this is a Z-wave Range Extender.
Yes, these are designed to work within the Z-wave system to help boost the signal between devices.