- Advanced 1200 lb. Electromagnetic Lock with Infrared Remote Release
- Door Application: Outswing doors
- The power of a mag with the convenience of pocket-size remote controls for reception or staffers
- Complete turnkey system includes: Advanced 1200 lb. Mag, one (1) remote control, and plug-in AC transformer
- Plug-in 12VAC transformer eliminates the requirement for pulling wires or the services of an electrician (optional use)
- Supports up to 100 individual remote controls (AL-REMOTE)
- Releases mag from either side of door
- Range: 10FT exterior, 35FT interior
- Keyfob features single button operation with positive “click” response
- Automatically-enrolled by system in easy programming mode and is audibly and visually confirmed
- UL-listed; CE-listed
- Magnet: 1200lb 12v DC magnet
- Power: Includes 12v AC plug in transformer. A 12v DC power supply can be utilized (not included)
- Keyfob: Single button, dual LED infra-red transmitting. Up to 100 keyfobs can be programmed into a single magnet
- Programming: Each keyfob must be presented to the magnet to enroll keyfob ID into software
2.875 (H) x 10.5 (W) x 1.5 (D) in.
Protected Side (inside): 35 feet (min.), Unprotected Side (outside): 10 feet (min)
Customer Questions & Answers
- Answered by the admin
This Maglock can be paired with a keypad or reader that has a passage mode function to be open during certain periods of the day.
- Q Will your system work to temporarily lock a door to keep intruders out while police respond? We w... answer nowA
This remote kit is designed to unlock the maglock not to lock it. We would recommend that you speak with our commercial sales staff to find a system that will best fit your needs.
Due to the maglocks requiring power to lock if you lose power the door will unlock. It is recommended to have a backup power source or to have a traditional lock on the door that can be locked in such an event.
- Q Does it have a sensor that detects movement so once inside you can exit without using a remote to... answer nowAnswered by the admin No, this kit is simply a remote release kit designed for maglocks. Rather than having to approach the door and pressing a release to exit button you can use the remote to unlock from a distance. Most common uses are for reception desk where this application is installed.
- Q Could this be used for a residential gate? I currently have a standard Matlock, but would like th... answer now
- Q Can one unlock the door from a remote location? Can I open the door in the lobby from my secretar... answer nowAFor this remote entry you need to have line of sight in order for the remote to interact with the maglock so if you are in a different room or have obstructions it can make operation difficult. There are other options for hardwired remotes or even hardwired receiver options such as eMerge controller systems which our sales staff would be happy to assist you in choosing.
Correct, the housing (magnet) has continuous voltage / current flowing to it. When the armature comes into contact it is locked. When there is no voltage, or when the current is interrupted with a switch (Request-to-Exit, remote release button, etc), it's unlocked and release is gained.