August Smart Lock Gen 3
Bluetooth Smart Lock Conversion Kit
Adiós keys. 2016 Clio Award winning August turns your deadbolt into a smart lock. Never be stuck outside your home again. From family, to friends, contractors, and sitters, this uber-advanced device can let them all in – without keys. Convenient hands-free unlocking too. Your very own futuristic butler.
- Keyless entry for your smart home through Bluetooth and free August App
- Convenient add-on keypad for your kids who don’t have smartphones yet
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant with August Connect WiFi bridge (sold separately)
- Lock and unlock your door with your phone while giving keyless access to family and guests
- Stop hiding keys – send guest keys from anywhere straight from the August app
- Be sure it’s locked – with August’s proprietary DoorSense™ and Auto-Lock technologies, you’ll know your door is both closed and locked
- Know who is coming and going – track activity at your door with 24/7 activity feed so you know when loved ones get home
- Locks automatically – August’s products are designed to give you peace of mind with their Auto-Lock technology, you’ll never need to worry if your door is locked again
- Unlocks automatically – utilizing Bluetooth connectivity, your door will conveniently unlock as you approach
- Easily attaches to the existing deadbolt so you can also use your regular keys
- Works with most single-cylinder deadbolts
The August Smart Lock is a Bluetooth ready smart lock conversion kit that replaces your existing deadbolt’s interior. Once paired with the free August App, you can not only lock and unlock your door with a tap on your smartphone, but give access permissions to family, friends, and sitters to do so as well. The app will also track door activity for you, so you always know who is going in or out of your home. An auto-locking feature can be enabled so that you and your guests never have to worry about forgetting to lock the door. Conversely, an auto-unlocking feature allows for guests with the app to unlock the door automatically when they enter Bluetooth proximity, totally hands free. While the app can completely replace your keys, you and guests may still use them as normal as the Smart Lock pairs with your existing deadbolt.
The August Smart Lock is able to retrofit with most single-cylinder deadbolts, but not mortise, rim cylinder or interconnected locks.
4.8 (H) x 1.63 (W) x 2.6 (L) in.
Android 5.0 or later with Bluetooth 4.0, iOS 10 or later
Unlimited with App
Activity Monitoring, Auto Relocking, Auto Unlocking, Bluetooth, Remote Control, Scheduling, Status Monitoring
32 – 104° F
10 to 85% non-condensing
1 Year Limited Manufacturer
Front body: Weather Resistant
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Will this lock work from long distances? Say across town. answer nowAsked by May 18, 2021 7:03 PMonAnswered by the admin
The lock itself uses Bluetooth to communicate and must be within BLE range to talk directly to your smartphone. You may also use the Wi-Fi Connect bridge to communicate to the lock remotely from any location with a network connection.
- Q What if your phone get lost or stolen? How do you get in answer nowAsked by March 11, 2019 9:23 PMonAnswered by the admin
Since this does not replace your keyed deadbolt you can still use your key override.
- Q Can you remotely lock and unclock the door through the app? answer nowAsked by January 12, 2019 9:40 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes, the app will let you lock and unlock your door but you will need to have the August lock set up to an internet connection. You will need to use the August connect so that you can control the lock via wifi connection for the remote features.
- Q This looks like it’s much more an exterior door application. Have anything for interior doors? answer nowAsked by November 16, 2018 1:05 AMonAnswered by the admin
This will work for any deadbolt, interior or exterior.
- Q What is the range of this Bluetooth phenom autolock or commanded unlock??? answer nowAsked by June 5, 2018 6:04 AMonA Bluetooth operates within a range of 30ft. If you are within that range then you will be able to control the lock.