August Smart Lock Gen 3 with Bluetooth
Smart Lock Conversion Kit
Adiós keys. 2016 Clio Award winning August turns your deadbolt into a smart lock. Never be stuck outside your home again. From family, to friends, contractors, and sitters, this uber-advanced device can let them all in – without keys. Convenient hands-free unlocking too. Your very own futuristic butler.
- Keyless entry for your smart home through Bluetooth and free August App
- Convenient add-on keypad for your kids who don’t have smartphones yet
- Voice control with Alexa, Siri, or The Google Assistant
- Lock and unlock your door with your phone while giving keyless access to family and guests
- Stop hiding keys – send guest keys from anywhere straight from the August app
- Be sure it’s locked – with August’s proprietary DoorSense™ and Auto-Lock technologies, you’ll know your door is both closed and locked
- Know who is coming and going – track activity at your door with 24/7 activity feed so you know when loved ones get home
- Locks automatically – August’s products are designed to give you peace of mind with their Auto-Lock technology, you’ll never need to worry if your door is locked again
- Unlocks automatically – utilizing Bluetooth connectivity, your door will conveniently unlock as you approach
- Easily attaches to the existing deadbolt so you can also use your regular keys
- Works with most single-cylinder deadbolts
The August Smart Lock is a Bluetooth ready smart lock conversion kit that replaces your existing deadbolt’s interior. Once paired with the free August App, you can not only lock and unlock your door with a tap on your smartphone, but give access permissions to family, friends, and sitters to do so as well. The app will also track door activity for you, so you always know who is going in or out of your home. An auto-locking feature can be enabled so that you and your guests never have to worry about forgetting to lock the door. Conversely, an auto-unlocking feature allows for guests with the app to unlock the door automatically when they enter Bluetooth proximity, totally hands free. While the app can completely replace your keys, you and guests may still use them as normal as the Smart Lock pairs with your existing deadbolt.
The August Smart Lock is able to retrofit with most single-cylinder deadbolts, but not mortise, rim cylinder or interconnected locks.
4.8 (H) x 1.63 (W) x 2.6 (L) in.
Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit (Siri), Google Assistant
Android 5.0 or later with Bluetooth 4.0, iOS 10 or later
Activity Monitoring, Auto Relocking, Auto Unlocking, Bluetooth, Remote Control, Scheduling, Status Monitoring
32 – 104° F
10 to 85% non-condensing
1 Year Limited Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
Since this does not replace your keyed deadbolt you can still use your key override.
Yes, the app will let you lock and unlock your door but you will need to have the August lock set up to an internet connection. You will need to use the August connect so that you can control the lock via wifi connection for the remote features.
- Q This looks like it’s much more an exterior door application. Have anything for interior doors? answer nowA
This will work for any deadbolt, interior or exterior.
- Answered by the admin Bluetooth operates within a range of 30ft. If you are within that range then you will be able to control the lock.