BEST SHELTER 45HX
Wireless Mortise Lock
SHELTER Cloud-Based Management Software Subscription available.
Create the safest shelter possible! The SHELTER 45HX Wireless Mortise Lock provides a responsive lockdown solution for schools, universities and other large facilities. At the press of a button, lockdown mode initiates while also alerting first responders, saving precious time and lives when danger arrives. Supported by the SHELTER cloud-based management software.
- Mortise model – cylindrical latch model available
- Door locks quickly and securely using a fob (sold separately) without needing to access the front of the device
- Unlike barricade devices, SHELTER 45HX provides code-compliant egress even during a lockdown
- A solid, one-piece stainless steel latch, providing 50% more surface contact with the strike to make the lock stronger and more secure
- Interior light shows lockdown status
- Red = Lockdown
- Green = Clear / restored to normal
- Blue = Wireless comm. indicator
- Yellow = Delay
- Others = Error / Fault / TBD
- The precision engineered curve on the latch enhances cycle life while reducing wear to the strike
- The reversible latch rotates 180 degrees, making it easy to change handing without opening the 45HX, and self-aligning trim makes installation fast, easy and accurate
- With a roller bearing hub mechanism, the 45HX delivers smooth, wear-resistant operation
- The 45HX, cover and armored front are manufactured from 0.095 in. cold rolled steel with a corrosion-resistant coating, providing long-lasting strength
- With features including a bidirectional lever for ADA-friendly operation, 45HX locks are easy to use
- Interchangeable core ensures quick, easy rekeying and master key compatibility
There was a time when safety was a given no matter where you were. Due to the increase of unfortunate intruder-related events our security technology has had to adapt to keep us safe. The need to quickly lockdown a building and protect visitors, customers and employees from these situations has also become a concern. The SHELTER 45HX Wireless Mortise Lock and SHELTER lockdown system provides the solution. Equipped with standard and lockdown modes, a door can be accessed normally or locked down from one press of the fob (sold separately). The lockdown feature ensures your exterior lever is secure and immovable, only allowing users with the key to enter. While in lockdown mode, the 45HX is enabled with visual and audio alarms to alert users that lockdown mode is active. You can create lockdown scenarios with an individual lock, groups of locks, or even the whole complex using the cloud-based SHELTER management software (sold separately).
The cloud-based SHELTER management software integrates with first response and electronic systems. Configure and manage your property’s SHELTER network from any web browser, anywhere! Create locking scenarios where a fob controls one door, a wing, or the entire facility. Also receive and send email/text alerts for lockdown status changes, view reports, and run diagnostic tests.
BEST SHELTER LOCKDOWN SYSTEM
A unique combination of code-compliant hardware and proven technology is a responsive lockdown solution ideal for all types of business environments and budgets. Even more, SHELTER was developed with input from those who have experienced live lockdown situations. This distinct perspective led to an innovative set of features and functionality that allows businesses to custom tailor how SHELTER responds in the event of a lockdown.
- SHELTER Cloud-Based Management Software Subscription
- 9KX Wireless Cylindrical Lock
- 45HX Wireless Mortise Lock
- Electric Exit Device
- Recommended for optimal function of your SHELTER system
- $50 per month, billed annually
- 3 year plan minimum
- 1st YEAR is FREE
The SHELTER portal allows school administrators, commercial facility managers and security officers to easily connect to the system from most web browsers and perform operations such as:
- Enrolling devices and defining groups
- Identifying self-diagnostics and who receives notifications
- Assigning fobs to initiate lockdown of a single door, groups of doors or the entire facility
- Monitoring system activity
- Managing notifications for lockdown status changes
- Setting up network users
GATEWAY AND REPEATERS
At the core of the SHELTER system is a gateway that sends signals to each door lock to initiate lockdown. Plugged into a UPS or power supply with battery back-up, the SHELTER gateway doesn’t require an Internet connection to initiate lockdown. This alleviates any concerns that your network must be operational during the most critical times. With a 400-foot range,* the gateway can be paired with up to seven repeaters to extend the signal range throughout a building. Additionally, with assistance from your integration resource, the SHELTER repeater can be configured to send a relay signal to your pre-installed access control system, allowing communication with first responders.
*Wireless range will vary based on application, operating environment, building materials and external factors. A site survey is highly recommended to determine the specific requirements for your application.
Specific hardware can be enrolled on your SHELTER 900 MHz secure wireless network to quickly lock doors via a fob. BEST offers the SHELTER enabled 9KX cylindrical lock and the 45HX mortise lock equipped with both classroom and storeroom functionality. A door can be locked/unlocked manually at your discretion, or locked down from the fob so that the outside lever is rigid and requires a key to retract the latch for entry. Likewise, electrified exit devices, like the PRECISION Apex 2000 Series, can be connected to a SHELTER repeater. This allows the outside trim to be locked/unlocked remotely to enable lockdown, while always ensuring free egress.
13.5 (H) x 10 (W) x 3 (D) in.
1 3/4 in.
2 3/4 in.
1200 ft. line of sight, 400 ft.
Built-in Alarm, Privacy/Lockdown, Remote Control, Tamper Alerts
Grade 1 (Best)
Grade 1 (Best)
Customer Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.