BEST SHELTER Gateway
SHELTER Cloud-Based Management Software Subscription available.
The SHELTER Gateway is the cornerstone of the SHELTER system. It communicates with SHELTER’s cloud-based management system and connected devices to initiate lockdown. Create custom lockdown scenarios to fit your unique property needs.
- Center of the communication system for the SHELTER solution
- Component that is registered with and provides information to the web-based software (sold separately)
- 900 MHz platform for very reliable, long-range connectivity
- Typical range of up to 400 feet indoors in each direction and 1,200 feet line of sight*
- Ethernet connection standard
- Connected to cloud via internet connection, internet connection allows system status updates to cloud software
- Local webpage for basic setup and configuration
- Once system is configured, lockdown and all clear will still be functional if internet connection is not present
- Cloud software diagnostics will not function if internet connection is not present
- 12VDC; Wall wart power supply provided; Battery backup recommended
- UL 60950, FCC Part 15 Compliant
*Performance range may vary depending upon building construction. On average, a building only requires the use of one gateway. A site survey is highly recommended to determine the specific requirements for your application.
Reliability is the key for any security system. The SHELTER Gateway is the workhorse for the SHELTER lockdown solution that communicates with connected devices and shares information to SHELTER cloud-based software (sold separately). You can log in to your system from anywhere with an internet connection, but once the system is setup and configured users can initiate lockdown and all clear functions without internet. SHELTER runs on the 900 MHz platform for a reliable, long-range network typically reaching a range up to 400 ft.depending upon building construction. Typically only one gateway is needed per building, but SHELTER signal repeaters (sold separately) may be added to accommodate larger properties.
The cloud-based SHELTER management software integrates with first response and electronic systems. Configure and manage your property’s SHELTER network from any web browser, anywhere! Create locking scenarios where a fob controls one door, a wing, or the entire facility. Also receive and send email/text alerts for lockdown status changes, view reports, and run diagnostic tests.
BEST SHELTER LOCKDOWN SYSTEM
A unique combination of code-compliant hardware and proven technology is a responsive lockdown solution ideal for all types of business environments and budgets. Even more, SHELTER was developed with input from those who have experienced live lockdown situations. This distinct perspective led to an innovative set of features and functionality that allows businesses to custom tailor how SHELTER responds in the event of a lockdown.
- SHELTER Cloud-Based Management Software Subscription
- 9KX Wireless Cylindrical Lock
- 45HX Wireless Mortise Lock
- Electric Exit Device
- Recommended for optimal function of your SHELTER system
- $50 per month, billed annually
- 3 year plan minimum
- 1st YEAR is FREE
The SHELTER portal allows school administrators, commercial facility managers and security officers to easily connect to the system from most web browsers and perform operations such as:
- Enrolling devices and defining groups
- Identifying self-diagnostics and who receives notifications
- Assigning fobs to initiate lockdown of a single door, groups of doors or the entire facility
- Monitoring system activity
- Managing notifications for lockdown status changes
- Setting up network users
GATEWAY AND REPEATERS
At the core of the SHELTER system is a gateway that sends signals to each door lock to initiate lockdown. Plugged into a UPS or power supply with battery back-up, the SHELTER gateway doesn’t require an Internet connection to initiate lockdown. This alleviates any concerns that your network must be operational during the most critical times. With a 400-foot range,* the gateway can be paired with up to seven repeaters to extend the signal range throughout a building. Additionally, with assistance from your integration resource, the SHELTER repeater can be configured to send a relay signal to your pre-installed access control system, allowing communication with first responders.
*Wireless range will vary based on application, operating environment, building materials and external factors. A site survey is highly recommended to determine the specific requirements for your application.
Specific hardware can be enrolled on your SHELTER 900 MHz secure wireless network to quickly lock doors via a fob. BEST offers the SHELTER enabled 9KX cylindrical lock and the 45HX mortise lock equipped with both classroom and storeroom functionality. A door can be locked/unlocked manually at your discretion, or locked down from the fob so that the outside lever is rigid and requires a key to retract the latch for entry. Likewise, electrified exit devices, like the PRECISION Apex 2000 Series, can be connected to a SHELTER repeater. This allows the outside trim to be locked/unlocked remotely to enable lockdown, while always ensuring free egress.
6.7 (H) x 6.3 (W) x 1.1 (D) in.
1200 ft. line of sight, 400 ft.
Customer Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.