- Reliable, simple non-intrusive solution to guard against HVAC unit copper or metal theft
- Does not require Electrician’s, Plumber’s or HVAC Contractor’s license
- Does not trigger a false alarm even if fluctuations in refrigerant pressure or electrical power outages occur
- Includes wireless alarm transmitter and receiver
- Optional secondary 30-foot harness can be added to cover larger commercial HVAC units (60′ length total)
- Bright yellow cable harness acts as a visual deterrent to would-be thieves
Copper Cop is an efficient, dependable and reliable security protection solution designed to combat theft of commercial air conditioning (HVAC) unit copper or metal. Copper Cop can be installed and activated in minutes by a security professional and, unlike other HVAC alarm products, does not require an HVAC or Electrical Contractor’s License. Thousands of commercial HVAC units are destroyed each year by thieves seeking only to gain quick cash by stealing and selling the copper condenser lines within the unit at scrap yards. The cost to business can be high, including replacement of the HVAC system, loss of use of the facility, and damage to sensitive cooled or refrigerated items. Additionally, repeated thefts increase a company’s insurance premiums and are quickly making copper theft one of the most vexing challenges businesses face today. Unlike Copper Cop, other solutions monitor refrigerant pressure, which can vary over the life of a unit, or system voltage, which can go out due to utility outages, both causing costly false alarms. These systems also require installation by a licensed HVAC or Electrical Contractor. Easy - Fast Installation - Flexible Signaling Copper Cop consists of a unique tamper-resistant 30-foot cable harness with eight self-tapping screw-in clip assemblies, connected to a tamper-resistant and weatherproof alarm interconnect box. The system is ready to accept a wireless alarm transmitter or hard-wired connection to a security alarm panel. Once Copper Cop is installed on the exterior of the HVAC unit and activated, removal of the HVAC unit cover triggers an alarm.
Customer Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.