- Alarm encourages door users to keep door closed
- Eliminating door propping helps save on energy costs
- Localized alarm notifies area personnel of security breach/ door prop condition
- Stand alone device
- Integrates into any access control system
- Kit includes transformer and magnetic door contact
- Remote relay allows monitoring of door status from management office or guard station (Normally Closed (NC) contact – commonly used to indicate if wires were cut at the door. A door propped alarm/contact with a Form C relay should be used to actuate a strobe/horn at a remote site)
- Reduces false alarms
- 80dB alarm easily warns of door prop status
- Adjustable alarm delay time 0 to 60 seconds
- Alarm status relay for remote annunciation (zone monitoring)
- Automatic alarm reset/rearm upon closure of door
- Mounts in a 1 gang box (included in SK Kit)
- Flush mount, aesthetically pleasing
- Moisture proof; If planning to use in direct rain, you’ll need to ensure your back box is weather rated, and you’ll need to apply silicone
Limit false alarms, reduce your monthly energy costs, and stay in your office chair with the EAX-411SK door prop alarm by Designed Security, Inc., a Detex Company. This inventive security alarm takes away the need to physically switch off and reset your door alarm each time it sounds. Shipped in a kit, your new EAX-411SK includes the ES-411 alarm, finished S1 back box, plug-in transformer, and MS-1039S magnetic switch. When your door closes, the alarm turns off. Providing additional perimeter security and enhancing your access control system, this door prop alarm offers you a custom fit for each opening by incorporating a field adjustable timer which allows you to change the 'door open' time from 0-60 seconds. When the door stays open longer than the time you've programmed, the alarm sounds. This allows you to use the EAX-411SK door prop alarm for applications where someone decides to leave a door cracked open for one reason or another. By deploying this annunciator, you and those near the door will get the audible notification needed to secure the opening. A key benefit you'll realize immediately with the EAX-411SK door alarm comes from the savings in time because you, or your supervisor are not forced to manually reset every door alarm throughout the day. One other thing you can do with this system is set the 'door open' time to 0 seconds. This will provide an alert a door was opened, and nearly every time the alarm will stop sounding within a couple seconds as the person closes the door. Popular uses include, low risk emergency exit only doors, doors leading to stockroom from sales floor, stairwell doors, and various internal doors within healthcare and educational facilities. We don't recommend this alarm for controlled openings where you absolutely don't want anyone exiting through the door. In these scenarios, an exit alarm is appropriate, as you are wanting to control foot traffic.
2 3/4 (W) x 4 5/8 (H) x 2 (D) in.
12 or 24 VAC/VDC @ 70 mA
3 Year Limited Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.