- Patented plastic template allows for foolproof alignment of internal magnetic door contact and accurate installation
- Tapered cover allows for installation on narrow stile doors, 2″ minimum
- Intelligent circuit senses the external magnet location automatically and sets the correct door handing
- Patented cam assembly automatically adjusts for different sizes of cylinders without use of spacers
- Alarm can only be silenced by proper control key — Requires mortise cylinder, sold separately at checkout.
- EAX-500W may be custom ordered with OSK option; OSK allows for outside key control, it will bypass the alarm mechanism when entering from the outside so the alarm does not sound.
- Extended bypass (now a standard feature) allows alarm to remain bypassed when door is open and automatically rearm upon door closing
- Modern graphics on cover to demonstrate key rotation and operation
- 100 dB piezo alarm
- 9V battery operated with Low Battery Alert
- LED visual and audible arming indicators
- Field selectable 2-minute auto rearm, if desired
- Field selectable status indicators, if desired
- Grey, and black color models available
- Magnetic contact for triggering alarm. Magnet must be within 1/4″ of door and/or frame, you can install it with EAX unit on the door, or frame
- Low cost, self-contained door alarm with piezo horn that sounds to warn unauthorized use of a door or gate
- Weatherized for outdoor environments
- Secure, tamper resistant housing
- Quick, easy installation saves time and money
The Detex EAX-500W weatherized exit door alarm is relied on in the retail, healthcare, educational, restaurant, and commercial industries for bringing attention to the unauthorized use of an emergency exit, or restricted door. With this weatherized model, you can use it on an outdoor application, such as a gate, and exit doors which open to the elements, or a wet environment. By sounding an alarm of approximately 100dB, the Detex EAX-500W alerts a manager, as well as people nearby of a situation. It could be a shoplifter trying to make off with merchandise, or a simple misunderstanding. Either way, the Detex EAX500W door alarm helps facilities and businesses protect themselves, while ensuring they meet building codes. A mortise cylinder is required for arming and disarming. We offer the ilco brand mortise cylinder, model 7185SX1-28 at checkout if you will not be using your own.
7.7 (H) x 2.1 (W) x 2.375 (D) in.
Black, Grey Finish
3 Year Limited Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.