Note: This lock is programmable through Kaba E-Plex software only.
- Heavy Duty – ANSI/BHMA Grade 1, micro-processor based entry system
- Cylindrical latch-bolt locking mechanism (latch includes a 1/4″ deadlocking plunger bolt to prevent jimmying of door)
- Supports 3000 users per door; 4-8 digit user access codes (100 million possible code combinations)
- Network and PC Programming (offline): REQUIRES laptop/netbook (mini-laptop) and E-Plex Enterprise Implementation Kit (sold separately at checkout)
- Time-Determined Access: Via software, program up to 16 different access schedules, and up to 32 holiday/vacation time blocks (i.e., door auto-unlocks at 9am, and auto-locks at 6pm, or users in group 1 only have access from 10am to 4pm)
- First Manager In Feature: Lock does not go to passage mode (enter without code) until the first privileged user’s credential is presented
- Passage mode can be manually toggled at the lock
- 6 different authority access levels let you determine who has privileges to specific lock functions
- Battery Operation: Up to 180,000 cycles on 4 AA alkaline batteries, included. Batteries located in interior housing cover. Low battery indicator. Non-volatile memory; lock’s data preserved if batteries fail
- Tested extensively in outdoor and marine environments; performed flawlessly
- Fits virtually all left and right swing doors
- Track entries of who entered and when with audit trail feature (reader unit stores last 30,000 events)
- Quick and Easy Installation: Patented electrobolt technology provides “sandwich” fitting. No wiring to or through door; no risk of pinched wires. Instructions and two-hole drilling template supplied
- Out of the Box Ready: Programming and operating manuals provided
- Optional remote unlock feature
- Multiple architectural finishes including standard satin chrome (626) and premium finishes. Premium finishes may be subject to 2-3 week lead time
- 2 3/4″ backset included (2 3/8″ available at checkout) – How do I measure?
- Emergency Key Override: Universal 6 pin cylinder (common for commercial applications) with Schlage C keyway provided. Two nickel silver keys, and 4 additional tailpieces (part that connects outside lock to inside lock) included. These tailpieces allow you to use other name brand cylinders in the lock should you choose
- 3-year manufacturer warranty; built-in warranty counter
8 7/8 (H) x 3 3/8 (W) x 3 13/16 (D) in.
8 7/8 (H) x 3 13/16 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
|Event Audit Trail|
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-31 °F (-35 °C) to + 151 °F (66 °C)
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
-31 °F (-35 °C) to + 130 °F (55 °C)
Solid cast exterior housing, Solid cast, ADA-compliant levers
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in., Through-Bolt Hole(s)
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 5 in.
E-Plex Wireless, Kaba E-Plex
Audit Trail, Passage Mode, Scheduling
Keypad – Digits
3-hour UL/ULC fire rating for A labeled doors
Grade 1 (Best)
Grade 1 (Best)
3 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q We currently have the E-Plex 50xx series door locks installed at our facility. What is needed to ... answer nowAsked by April 10, 2018 12:34 PMonA The best wireless setup is listed below, this will allow you to go wireless without having to upgrade or change the lock. https://www.gokeyless.com/product/kaba-eplex-enterprise-implementation-kit/ https://www.gokeyless.com/product/eplex-inside-antenna-kit/ https://www.gokeyless.com/product/eplex-wall-mount-gateway-kit/