Note: This lock is programmable through Kaba E-Plex software only.
- Heavy Duty – ANSI/BHMA Grade 1, micro-processor based entry system
- Cylindrical latch-bolt locking mechanism (latch includes a 1/4″ deadlocking plunger bolt to prevent jimmying of door)
- Supports 3000 users per door; 4-8 digit user access codes (100 million possible code combinations)
- Network and PC Programming (offline): REQUIRES laptop/netbook (mini-laptop) and E-Plex Enterprise Implementation Kit (sold separately at checkout)
- Time-Determined Access: Via software, program up to 16 different access schedules, and up to 32 holiday/vacation time blocks (i.e., door auto-unlocks at 9am, and auto-locks at 6pm, or users in group 1 only have access from 10am to 4pm)
- First Manager In Feature: Lock does not go to passage mode (enter without code) until the first privileged user’s credential is presented
- Passage mode can be manually toggled at the lock
- 6 different authority access levels let you determine who has privileges to specific lock functions
- Battery Operation: Up to 180,000 cycles on 4 AA alkaline batteries, included. Batteries located in interior housing cover. Low battery indicator. Non-volatile memory; lock’s data preserved if batteries fail
- Tested extensively in outdoor and marine environments; performed flawlessly
- Fits virtually all left and right swing doors
- Track entries of who entered and when with audit trail feature (reader unit stores last 30,000 events)
- Quick and Easy Installation: Patented electrobolt technology provides “sandwich” fitting. No wiring to or through door; no risk of pinched wires. Instructions and two-hole drilling template supplied
- Out of the Box Ready: Programming and operating manuals provided
- Optional remote unlock feature
- Multiple architectural finishes including standard satin chrome (626) and premium finishes. Premium finishes may be subject to 2-3 week lead time
- 2 3/4″ backset included (2 3/8″ available at checkout) – How do I measure?
- Emergency Key Override: Universal 6 pin cylinder (common for commercial applications) with Schlage C keyway provided. Two nickel silver keys, and 4 additional tailpieces (part that connects outside lock to inside lock) included. These tailpieces allow you to use other name brand cylinders in the lock should you choose
- 3-year manufacturer warranty; built-in warranty counter
8 7/8 (H) x 3 3/8 (W) x 3 13/16 (D) in.
8 7/8 (H) x 3 13/16 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
|Event Audit Trail|
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-31 °F (-35 °C) to + 151 °F (66 °C)
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
-31 °F (-35 °C) to + 130 °F (55 °C)
Solid cast exterior housing, Solid cast, ADA-compliant levers
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in., Through-Bolt Hole(s)
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 5 in.
E-Plex Wireless, Kaba E-Plex
Audit Trail, Passage Mode, Scheduling
Keypad – Digits
3-hour UL/ULC fire rating for A labeled doors
Grade 1 (Best)
Grade 1 (Best)
3 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q We currently have the E-Plex 50xx series door locks installed at our facility. What is needed to ... answer nowAnswered by the admin The best wireless setup is listed below, this will allow you to go wireless without having to upgrade or change the lock. https://www.gokeyless.com/product/kaba-eplex-enterprise-implementation-kit/ https://www.gokeyless.com/product/eplex-inside-antenna-kit/ https://www.gokeyless.com/product/eplex-wall-mount-gateway-kit/