Kaba E-Plex E5031
Electronic Push Button Lock
$564.28 – $870.21
Lost keys and security breaches come at you fast. The solution is the E-Plex Grade 1 security stand-alone access control lock. From multiple users to audits, you’ll be able to better protect assets and your workforce.
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Cabinet Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Commercial Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
- Heavy Duty – ANSI/BHMA Grade 1, stand-alone access control lock
- Cylindrical latch-bolt locking mechanism (latch includes a 1/4″ deadlocking plunger bolt to prevent jimmying of door)
- Supports 100 users; 4-8 digit user access codes (100 million possible code combinations)
- Easy programming via keypad or PC using optional E-Plex Software Implementation Kit (available at checkout)
- PC management simplifies administration of doors and users as facility’s number of personnel and access points grow
- Records a time/date stamp (audit trail) of when user’s accessed your door. Downloads into easy to use reports. Requires E-plex® 300 Software Implementation Kit (sold separately)
- 3 operating modes: PIN code entry, lockout, or passage mode (you can toggle the passage mode, or program it so the door re-locks after certain number of hours [1-24])
- 5 authority access levels let you determine who has privileges to specific lock functions
- Battery Operation: 4 AA alkaline batteries included. Batteries located in interior housing cover. Low battery indicator. Non-volatile memory; lock’s data preserved if batteries fail
- Tested extensively in outdoor and marine environments – performed flawlessly
- Choose from 6 decorative finishes – please allow for small lead time on premium finishes; bright brass, satin brass, and bright chrome
- Quick and easy installation. Patented electrobolt technology provides “sandwich” fitting. No wiring to or through door; no risk of pinched wires. Instructions and two-hole drilling template supplied
- Out of the box ready – programming and operating manuals provided
- Optional remote unlock feature
- Backset Size: 2 3/4″ backset included (2 3/8″ available at checkout) – How do I measure?
- Emergency key override using universal 6 pin cylinder (common for commercial applications) with Schlage C keyway. Two nickel silver keys, and 4 additional tailpieces (part that connects outside lock to inside lock) included. These tailpieces allow you to use other name brand cylinders in the lock should you choose. Need this same lock with IC or Removable core? Click here
- 3-year manufacturer’s warranty; built-in warranty counter
8 7/8 (H) x 3 3/8 (W) x 3 3/16 (D) in.
8 7/8 (H) x 3 3/16 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
|Event Audit Trail|
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-31° to 151°F (-35° to 66°C)
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
-31 °F to +130 °F (-35 °C to 55 °C)
Solid cast housings, Solid cast, ADA-compliant levers
2 3/4 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in., Through-Bolt Hole(s)
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 5 in.
Audit Trail, Passage Mode
Lever Handle Door Locks
Key, Keypad – Digits
3-hour UL/ULC fire rating for A labeled doors
Grade 1 (Best)
Grade 1 (Best)
3 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can this lock be installed on a vinyl fence post and gate? answer nowAsked by November 24, 2019 8:40 AMonA
This lock is typically not recommended for fence or gate applications.
- Q Does this lock include a "best-key" override feature, or is it an option? answer nowAsked by November 15, 2019 2:56 PMonA
This lock is shipped with a standard Schlage C keyway 6-pin cylinder. If you are looking to use a Best IC core with this unit, you will need the IC model found here: https://www.gokeyless.com/product/kaba-eplex-e5031ic-electronic-lock/
- Q Does this lock come without a deadbolt? I need this for a community center that has many users an... answer nowAsked by August 2, 2019 2:14 PMonA This lock only operates a cylindrical latch-bolt and does not fit with or contain a deadbolt.
- Q Can these locks be used outside in a wet, coastal location? answer nowAsked by February 8, 2018 4:00 PMonA These locks are weather resistant but it should be mentioned that high exposure to wet or damp environments is not recommended. With that said exterior applications are being used consistently with this type of lock.
- Q Can this lock be programmed so that the codes can only be used during certain hours? answer nowAsked by December 12, 2017 6:55 PMonA No, this lock does not have any scheduling features. If you are looking for a lock that will allow you to lock users out based on schedules you will want the E5200 series. Please see the link below. https://www.gokeyless.com/product/eplex-5200-pc-programmable-electronic-pushbutton-lock/
- Q does the lock have an daytime override feature so that the building can be accessed without codes... answer nowAsked by February 8, 2017 2:07 PMonAYes, you are able to use one of two operations in order to accomplish this feature. It can be toggled on and off or it can be pre-programmed to relock after a certain number of hours (from 1 to 24) via a single code.