Kaba Mas X-10
GSA Approved Container, Cabinet, Vault Lock, Style 1
If you’re looking for top-rated storage container locks, you’ve hit the jackpot! This lock is nationally recognized and utilized for its strength for storing what you need protected. This user-friendly design automatically clears your combination after every use. Cutting-edge green technology eliminates the need for scheduled maintenance. And easy installation means this vault door lock will be ready to go before you know it. It’s time to secure your precious belongings with the Kaba Mas X-10.
For more information or ordering assistance, please call our Government Project Specialists at 877-439-5377
- Audit: Records all openings, and the record is non-re-settable. The Kaba Mas X-10 records unsuccessful attempts after three incorrect combination tries and resets after a correct opening.
- Direct Dial: No need to clear before entering your combination. Once you stop turning the dial, the power will shut down after 40 seconds.
- Random Number View: True Scramble
- Easy Install: DIY installation, mounting templates, and instructions included with purchase
- Backlit LCD: Limited view (on top of the dial), backlit display with indicator arrows makes combination dialing fast and easy
- Manipulation: Fail secure (stays locked) against high-voltage attack, robot attack, X-ray methods, magnetic, vibration, and R/F
- Wrong Try Penalty: 10-14 errors results in a 3-minute time out. Fifteen (or more) errors result in a 4-minute time out. Both error count and penalty time reset with a valid combination
This Vault Door Lock Has Three Unique Modes of Operation
- Single Combination Mode: Access by dialing a six-digit combination
- Dual Combination Mode: Access only when two separate codes are dialed within 10 seconds of another
- Supervisory/Subordinate Mode: Access by a subordinate only after a supervisor code has been entered
- Salt Spray: Still operational after 72 hours of continuous exposure
- High R.P.M. (rotations per minute): Not operational after 4 hours in each direction @ 600R.P.M. Fails Secure (stays locked)li>
- Case & Bolt Strength: 600 lbs in two directions
- Electrical Discharge: Withstands up to 250KV on Dial
- Vibration: MIL-STD-810
- Shock: MIL-STD-901
- National Stock Numbers (NSN): 5340-01-498-2758
- Warranty: 2 years
Looking for this same lock but for pedestrian doors? Click here
The Kaba Mas X-10 High Security Lock is manufactured per General Services Administration (GSA) specification Section FL-L-2740B. Section 1.1.1 of this specification requires Limited Use for all approved locks.
Section 1.1.1 Limited Use “Locks tested and qualified under this specification are to be sold only to the Federal Government, Government contractors specifically authorized to purchase these locks, or other organizations specifically authorized or required by the Government to use these locks”.
Sales to Government personnel will require a Government credit card, a Government purchase order reference, or a Government identification or CAC card. Government contractors will require a CAGE Code. The X-10 Manufacturing serial number should be linked with the sales order information and stored in a secure database.
X-10 — Built to Withstand External Attacks
Approved by the GSA for use on approved Class 5 and Class 6 Filing Cabinets and Class 5 Vault Doors. The X-10 was developed in conjunction with the US Government and meets FF-L-2740 – Revision B (now includes two lock styles, Style 1, and Style 2). FF-L-2740B is the US Government’s highest security standard for container locks and doors. X-10 is only lock approved for “Style 1” applications.
Known for lock supremacy since their first X-O lock in 1992, Kaba Mas once again scores big with their latest vault door lock: The X-10. The Kaba Mas X-10 is THE go-to lock for securing U.S Government safes, containers, vaults, and cabinets. Currently, close to one million X-O locks are installed in high-security places, including:
- The Pentagon
- Military Vessels
- Air Force One
Building upon the success of its predecessor, the Kaba Mas X-10 features a new sealed lock case, lock bolt design, and beefed-up motor. The result is better performance and enhanced protection. Plus, installation is easy—the lock mounts through the case, eliminating the need to install the back cover first.
This vault door lock also racks up eco-points with self-powered green technology. This means no batteries to change and no scheduled maintenance. This makes it the most environmentally-advanced lock, reducing service costs while providing consistent, ‘round the clock prevention against threats. It’s why the X-10 is the only electro-mechanical lock approved for “Style 1” applications, as set forth by FF-L-2740B—the Government’s highest security standard for storage container locks and doors.
Please note: The characteristics and operating features of a Style 1 and Style 2 lock are not the same. The Kaba Mas X-10 is the only self-contained lock and represents the best overall value. The X-10 is the lock awarded the distinction of being approved for Style 1 applications.
dormakaba, Kaba Mas
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
10°F ~ 155°F
2 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Is there a way to get someone to install it or does it have to be DIY? answer nowAsked by May 31, 2022 12:00 PMonA
The unit can be installed by a certified locksmith in your area or you may speak with one of our representatives for pricing on having one of our technicians sent to your location.
- Q Does the KABA MAS X-10 meet the UL-768 lock standard mandated by ATF for AA&E usage (a key lo... answer nowAsked by December 3, 2021 3:16 PMonA
Yes, these locks are UL-768 rated.