Kwikset Obsidian with Z-Wave Plus
Electronic Touchscreen Deadbolt
Leave friends, family and discouraged intruders in awe by the Obsidian’s unique modern design, ultra slim exterior, and volcanic glass-like capacitive touchscreen. Security features such as convenient remote auto-locking and unlocking, one-touch locking, anti-tampering alerts, audit trails, and more, makes the Obsidian a clear choice for your connected smart home.
- 10-digit capacitive touchscreen with one-touch locking
- Motorized locking mechanism enables true remote locking and unlocking
- Tapered deadbolt design permits misaligned doors to lock and unlock with ease
- 9V battery backup power
- Auto relock 30-seconds after unlocking
- Interior LED locked/unlocked status
- Audible feedback
- Home Connect and Z-Wave Plus wireless technology
- SecureScreen – patented security feature prevents on-screen fingerprint user code identification
- 30 user access code capacity – 4 to 8 digit code length
- MasterCode feature – prevent user codes from being added or deleted
- User settings stored on lock memory – settings remain even in case of a power outage
- Independent, local user authentication – no controller connectivity required
- Audit trail logging stores access history in the lock memory
- Date/time scheduled user access control
- Incorrect code protection with audible alarm
Requires Z-Wave controller for wireless Home Connect features
Kwikset’s Obsidian is one of the slimmest and most striking locks on the market today. Even at less than an inch thick on the exterior, the Obsidian still offers numerous quality of life security features. It has a convenient one-touch locking button as well as an optional 30-second auto-locking feature for those times where you might forget to lock up. Multiple unsuccessful code entry attempts will disable the lock for 60 seconds and an anti-tampering alarm will sound when an intruder attempts to break into the lock itself. Equipped with a 30 user code capacity, all your family and friends can have their own unique 4 to 8 digit code. Codes can be set to work only during certain times of the day, perfect for babysitters, dog walkers, maintenance workers and more. Notifications can be set to alert you when codes are being used, and the audit trail keeps a record of lock access. The lock will alert you when batteries are running low, but if it does lose power a 9V battery can be used as a backup on the bottom of the lock.
Requires Home Connect or Z-Wave controller for wireless features
One of the few downsides to touchscreens are fingerprints, and using the same code day after day will reveal which numbers have been pressed. Kwikset’s answer to this is their patented SecureScreen technology. It will randomly generate two numbers you must press before entering your access code. This ensures more numbers are pressed, thus making it difficult for intruders to guess your code.
2 25/32 (L) x 13/16 (W) x 3 7/32 (H) in.
2 11/16 (L) x 2 3/32 (W) x 5 3/4 (H) in.
1 in. diameter latch hole, 1 1/2 to 2 1/8 in. diameter face hole
|Door Thickness Maximum|
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 in.
2 3/4 in., 2 3/8 in.
1 x 2 1/4 in. round corner standard
1 1/8 x 2 3/4 in.
2 3/8 x 2 3/4 in. adjustable
Z-Wave Plus, Status Monitoring, Activity Monitoring, Auto Locking, Tamper Alerts, Audit Trail, Scheduling, Remote Control, Built-in Alarm
Keypad – Digits
4 to 8 Digits
Grade 2 (Better)
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-40°F to 150°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
32°F to 140°F
Exterior 100% condensing, Interior 30% – 95% non-condensing
1 Year Electronic, Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Answered by the admin
Yes, you can turn the auto lock on or off through specific sequences at the keypad, but you must have administrator access to do so.