Z-Wave Plus Touchscreen Deadbolt
$248.13 – $291.92
Smart move and a dramatic presence. The connected Obsidian lock configures to the internet to deliver home security online with a striking look emanating from it’s volcanic glass-like capacitive touchscreen. Distinctive from any lock we’ve unearthed.
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Cabinet Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Commercial Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Residential Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
- 10-digit capacitive touchscreen with one-touch locking
- Motorized locking mechanism enables true remote locking and unlocking
- Tapered deadbolt design permits misaligned doors to lock and unlock with ease
- 9V battery backup power
- Auto relock 30-seconds after unlocking
- Interior LED locked/unlocked status
- Audible feedback
- Home Connect and Z-Wave Plus wireless technology
- SecureScreen – patented security feature prevents on-screen fingerprint user code identification
- 30 user access code capacity – 4 to 8 digit code length
- MasterCode feature – prevent user codes from being added or deleted
- User settings stored on lock memory – settings remain even in case of a power outage
- Independent, local user authentication – no controller connectivity required
- Audit trail logging stores access history in the lock memory
- Date/time scheduled user access control
- Incorrect code protection with audible alarm
Requires Z-Wave controller for wireless Home Connect features
Kwikset’s Obsidian is one of the slimmest and most striking locks on the market today. Even at less than an inch thick on the exterior, the Obsidian still offers numerous quality of life security features. It has a convenient one-touch locking button as well as an optional 30-second auto-locking feature for those times where you might forget to lock up. Multiple unsuccessful code entry attempts will disable the lock for 60 seconds and an anti-tampering alarm will sound when an intruder attempts to break into the lock itself. Equipped with a 30 user code capacity, all your family and friends can have their own unique 4 to 8 digit code. Codes can be set to work only during certain times of the day, perfect for babysitters, dog walkers, maintenance workers and more. Notifications can be set to alert you when codes are being used, and the audit trail keeps a record of lock access. The lock will alert you when batteries are running low, but if it does lose power a 9V battery can be used as a backup on the bottom of the lock.
Requires Home Connect or Z-Wave controller for wireless features
One of the few downsides to touchscreens are fingerprints, and using the same code day after day will reveal which numbers have been pressed. Kwikset’s answer to this is their patented SecureScreen technology. It will randomly generate two numbers you must press before entering your access code. This ensures more numbers are pressed, thus making it difficult for intruders to guess your code.
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Classic Z-Wave
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
2 25/32 (L) x 13/16 (W) x 3 7/32 (H) in.
2 11/16 (L) x 2 3/32 (W) x 5 3/4 (H) in.
1 1/2 to 2 1/8 in. diameter face hole, 1 in. diameter latch hole
|Door Thickness Maximum|
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 in.
2 3/4 in., 2 3/8 in., Adjustable
1 x 2 1/4 in. round corner standard
1 1/8 x 2 3/4 in.
Keypad – Digits
Activity Monitoring, Audit Trail, Auto Relocking, Built-in Alarm, Remote Control, Status Monitoring, Tamper Alerts, Temporary Codes, Timed Codes, Z-Wave Plus
4 to 8 Digits
Grade 2 (Better)
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-40°F to 150°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
32°F to 140°F
|Operating Humidity Maximum|
Exterior: 100% condensing, Interior: 30% – 95% non-condensing
Front body: Weather Resistant
1 Year Electronic, Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Is this smart lock is compatible with Ring Ring Alarm and Ring Doorbell? answer nowAsked by February 21, 2022 6:16 PMonA
This specific Kwikset lock does not appear on the combability list found here
The Kwikset 910, 912, 914, and 916 models are compatible though.
- Q What happens if the door is locked, is there a failsafe way to enter? Some locks have a key just ... answer nowAsked by May 6, 2021 5:35 PMonA
This model does not offer a manual key override but does feature a 9V battery emergency power tap to power the device long enough to gain entry in an instance where the batteries are completely drained.
- Q Does this have a proximity feature where it will automatically unlock when I approach with my pho... answer nowAsked by August 30, 2020 11:44 PMonA
Unfortunately, this model does not offer a feature where the lock will unlock based on your device location. The lock can be unlocked through the associated app for your Z-Wave controller. The proximity unlock feature is typically found in Bluetooth enabled locks such as the Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro.
- Q How do I reprogram the password on my lock pad? Just bought a home and this is my key lock. answer nowAsked by August 2, 2020 1:20 PMonA
To add a new code to your door lock:
- Press the programming button once.
- Press the checkmark once.
- Enter your new access code followed by the lock symbol.
To Delete an existing code from your Obsidian unit:
- Press the programming button once.
- Press the checkmark one time.
- Press the lock symbol one time.
- Type in the user code that you wish to delete followed by the lock symbol.
- Reenter the same user code followed by the lock symbol to confirm its removal.
- Q I owned a rental property. I am Looking to lock the laundry room at 10 pm and open at 8 am. Is t... answer nowAsked by June 16, 2020 12:14 AMonA
This lock does not have native scheduling features. However, if paired with a smart hub such as Vera, you are able to create scheduled scenes to lock and unlock the door automatically.
- Q Can you disable auto lock? Is there one that can do that? answer nowAsked by November 8, 2018 2:17 PMonA
Yes, you can turn the auto lock on or off through specific sequences at the keypad, but you must have administrator access to do so.