Mechanical Keyless Combination Lever
- All mechanical keyless lever handle cylindrical latchbolt lock. No batteries or wires necessary. Plunger bolt to prevent jimmying or knifing of the latch
- Auto-locking with passage feature. To set passage function, (door latches shut but stays unlocked) simply enter your secret code and then enter the (Y) button. The lock will remain in the passage mode until you press the (Y) button followed by the (C) button.
- ADA compliant access
- Code can be 3-5 characters in length (a code with more or less characters requires a Tumbler Pack – sold separately at checkout)
- To enter, punch in code, push down on lever handle and open
- To lock when exiting simply shut the door behind you. It auto re-locks
- Weatherproof performance and durability
- Bump-proof security
- Door thickness: Fits doors 1 3/16″ ~ 2 5/32″ thick (extension kits available at checkout for doors up to 5″ thick)
- Backset: Adjustable
- Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty Guarantee
A best-seller since its debut in early 2009, the Lockey 2835 Digital Door Lock is one of only two brands of 100% mechanical door locks we’ve offered. It comes down to safety and performance. From the tumbler pins, handing pin, internal plate screws, push buttons, and craftsmanship of the front and back lock housings, you won’t find anything about the Digital Door Lock to call wimpy. If you’re beginning a new keyless entry system or expanding an existing one, the Digital Door Lock is a phenomenal choice.
When you free yourself from keys you eliminate the hassle of dealing with them. Everyone knows keys get lost or misplaced — who hasn’t screamed “Where are my keys!” Imagine never losing your keys again, ever. Get the 2835 today and you won’t. It lets you program in a secret pass-code you, your family, or your employees can all use. Your time (and money!) will never again go to waste looking for your keys, or waiting for someone to let you back in. How secure is it? Put it this way, your existing locks that lend themselves to key-bumping, and unlocked or propped open doors, are not keeping you safe.
Standard locks — because of keys — present a risk. A new lock like the 2835 comes 100% bump-proof. Security, without the key hole. What if it fails? It won’t. This lock culminates from 30+ years of functional testing. It’s based on the same design as the original Digital Door Lock 2210 series. They don’t fail. And no one can ‘knock’ the lock open or determine its cipher by performing secret techniques.
Chronicled in security and law enforcement circles is the fact the majority of crimes — resulting in theft, injury, or even death — get recorded as crimes of opportunity. A door not always locked, or susceptible to key bumping, invites crime. Customizing your access with innovative door hardware gives you a prescription for security success.
Where can you install this lock? Numerous places, because it auto-locks. You can put it on your home & office entry and interior doors, gates, or any vulnerable points throughout your property where you need to restrict access, without disrupting the ease with which you and others come and go. To meet building codes, the levers on both sides measure full-size and comply with the American’s Disability Act. You cannot force or kick the levers off.
From the inside, you can exit freely at all times. A passage feature even comes built-in. This proves useful for when you want everyone to enter freely without needing to punch-in the code. On the outside housing you can quickly change the lock’s function from normal, to passage mode. The door will latch shut, but not lock. This comes in handy at your next office party when you invite your clients and vendors in. Also great for your kids’ birthdays so you can avoid giving out the code to the parents and their kids.
The 2835 upgrades any of your key-in knob or key-in lever locks. For your doors with a deadbolt above your knob, we recommend replacing the deadbolt with our Lockey M210. For special situations where you need the door to auto-lock each time, you could remove your deadbolt altogether, and then use a cover plate behind the 2835. The plate covers up the hole left by your deadbolt.
Installation on common doors takes you no longer than vacuuming out your car — and about the same amount of effort. Requiring only one extra screw hole, you can show off your new keyless entry system the day your lock arrives. No need to worry about the elements either when you install the Lockey 2835 on an exterior door. Heavy rain, snow or ice won’t phase it, nor extreme warm or cold. Even a highly concentrated salt-air ocean environment won’t cause it to lose its form or function.
1 5/8 (W) x 5 1/2 (H) x 2 1/4 (D) in.
|Total Coverage with Trim Plates|
2 1/2 (W) x 6 1/2 (H) x 2 1/4 (D) in.
|ADA Lever Dimensions|
4 (W) x 1 (H) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/16 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 5/32 in.
3 to 5 Characters
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 in.
1/2 in. throw
White, Satin Chrome, Marine Grade, Satin Nickel, Jet Black, Oil Rubbed Bronze, Bright Brass, Antique Brass, Bright Chrome
Keypad – Digits
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Does this product come with a keypad/lock/lever for both sides of the door? answer nowAsked by Dylan West on February 16, 2020 3:39 PMAnswered by the admin
The keypad is only on the exterior portion of the unit. The inside of the unit only features a passage handle.
- Q After entry, does this model lock automatically or do you have to enter code to lock the door aft... answer nowAsked by Glen McFarland on December 23, 2019 6:56 AMAnswered by the admin
This lock does lock automatically after the handle has been used for entry. However, it can also be set to stay unlocked after a code is entered by pressing the 'Y' key in combination with your access code.
- Q How do I change the combination? I have a code with 4 numbers and would like to change it to 4 di... answer nowAsked by Ken Epstein on October 21, 2019 5:49 PMAnswered by the admin
Please see the guide below for instructions on how to change the combination of your Lockey 2835!
- Q How do you change the position of the door lever (to the right, to the left or down)? answer nowAsked by John Mueller on September 11, 2019 10:48 AMAnswered by the admin
To change the handle position of this model, you will simply need to use the supplied Allen wrench to remove the retaining screw on the end of the handle. Once removed, the handle should pull away and allow you to change the position of the handle on the door.
- Answered by the admin
Yes, this lock is weatherproof and rated for outdoor applications. If you are looking for a unit rated for heavy salt environments, I would recommend looking at the Marine Grade version of the 2835.
- Q Can you operate the buttons and open door with one hand? answer nowAsked by anthony pappagallo on February 8, 2019 4:22 PMA
Yes, you can. The code will stay engaged until you operate the handle and open the door.
- Q Can you put different codes in for different individuals? answer nowAsked by Bob Janek on February 6, 2019 8:16 PMA
This is a mechanical lock so it only allows a single code at a time. If you need to have multiple codes for various people you would need to go with an electronic lock like the FE595.
- Q What is set back for latch? can this be used on interior residential door with 2-3/8" backset? Do... answer nowAsked by Michael Conlon on July 14, 2018 11:42 AMA
The lock comes with an adjustable backset for 2 3/8 to 2 3/4, however, the thickness only goes to 1 3/16 so you are 1/16th too big to fit in the current setup. You would have to use a shim or manually modify the lock in order to fit the extra 1/16th. We would recommend the shim rather than modifying the lock as that will void the warranty.