Lockey SUMO SGL-SS
Let gravity do the work. The Lockey SUMO SGL-SS Gravity Latch provides a heavy-duty solution to secure your gates. This pull-to-open gravity latch features an unguided, advanced catching system with 2 independent latching hooks. Suitable for nearly any gate material.
- Heavy duty gravity gate latch – double sided model available
- Advanced catching system
- 2 independent latching hooks
- Dependable, built to last
- Easy installation and adjustment
- Perfect for metal, vinyl, and wood gates
- Vertical and horizontal adjustment
- Minimum Post Size: 1 in.
- Ideal Gate Gap: 3/4 in.
- Minimum Gate Gap: 1/2 in.
- Maximum Gate Gap: 1 in.
- 2 keys included
- Comparable to D&D Technologies LokkLatch gravity latches
The Lockey SUMO SGL-SS Gravity Latch provides a heavy-duty solution to secure your gates. This pull-to-open gravity latch features an unguided, advanced catching system with 2 independent latching hooks. The gravity latch is lightweight and allows for vertical and horizontal adjustment to fit on gates of various post lengths and gaps. The SGL-SS is quick and easy to install with just a couple brackets, a drill, and a screwdriver. If you need to change the locks, the cylinder is rekeyable. Dependable and suitable for nearly any gate material. Two keys are included to give to staff for locking up for the night or for quick access.
5.75 (H) x 3.75 (W) x 1.5 (D) in.
|Minimum Post Size|
1/2 to 1 in.
Manufacturer Limited Lifetime
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Does the latch lock when closed or does it require the key to lock it? answer nowAsked by July 22, 2022 2:45 PMonA
The lock will latch shut when the gate is closed but to lock the unit and deny access, the key is required
- Q Does this remain locked even after using the key? Or do you have to use the key to make it lock? answer nowAsked by July 23, 2020 8:46 AMonA
The key is a temporary override as the door will remain locked when the key is removed.
- Q How do you open from the inside of the fence gate? What does "pull to open" mean? answer nowAsked by May 21, 2020 3:24 PMonA
This model is single-sided and is only meant to be operated from one side. For the double-sided model, please see this link: https://www.gokeyless.com/product/lockey-sumo-sgl-ds/
There is a knob on the unit where the key is inserted that needs to be pulled to retract the latch hooks.