Slow Close Backyard Gate Closer (120lb Max)
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Cabinet Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Commercial Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
- Compatible to Kant Slam gate closers and with updated componentry for better results
- Easy, Gentle, Smooth Self-Closing of Gates Under 120lbs. and 54″ or Less In Width
- Use On Timber, Metal, Vinyl, Any Material Gates
- Exceeded 100,000 Cycles In Performance Tests
- Meets Most Local Ordinance Policies for Pool Gate Regulation
- Regulate Closing Speed with Supplied Adjusting Screw
- Fits Left and Right Swing Gates
- Installs at Top, Bottom, Side, or Middle for Unmatched Mounting Versatility
- 90 Degree Maximum Opening Angle to Preserve Operating Life of Turtle Back
- Hydraulic Action Supplies Ample Force at Latching Point
- Weather Rated Gate Closer Won’t Fade, Rust, or Discolor
- Mounts On Open Side of Gate/Door; Screws Included
- Model#: TB175
- Six (6) month manufacturer warranty
Narrow end: 2 3/8 (D) x 1 1/2 (W) x 12 1/2 (L) in., Wide end: 2 3/8 (D) x 2 1/2 (W) x 12 1/2 (L) in.
|Max. Gate Weight|
|Max. Gate Width|
|Max. Opening Angle|
Steel, Vinyl, Wood
Variable (depends on gate size)
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Does this closer provide resistance when opening the gate? I am installing a gate along the side ... answer nowAsked by December 16, 2021 8:38 PMonA
This model does offer low resistance for opening the gate. We would recommend using this in conjunction with a latch so that there is no way for the gate to swing open during high winds.
- Q Will this closer work on in-swing gate as long as the mounting is flush? We need in-swing for poo... answer nowAsked by August 13, 2021 11:16 AMonA
Yes, this will certainly work if the closer is mounted on the interior side of the gate.
- Q I have self-closing hinges and the keep open feature does not work. 1) Should the bolt that is po... answer nowAsked by August 2, 2021 2:52 PMonA
This model does offer a hold-open feature where, when active, the gate can be opened past 90 degrees and the gate will be held open until pushed in. When the gate is open less than 90 degrees, the gate will shut automatically. However, if there is more force added to close the gate, this can override the hold open and simply cause the gate to continue to close. In this case, it is likely the self-closing hinges causing this to occur.
This model does offer a hold-open feature where, when active, the gate can be opened past 90 degrees and the gate will be held open until pushed in. When the gate is open less than 90 degrees, the gate will shut automatically.
- Q Would this prevent a gate from rattling in the wind at night? Our gate post in on an exterior wal... answer nowAsked by May 7, 2021 8:46 PMonA
A gate closer would not be a great resolution to a rattling gate. For this issue, we would recommend a different style of latch if this is what is causing the rattling (such as the Lockey SUMO). If the rattling is coming from the gate itself hitting the posts, we would recommend using a bit of outdoor foam tape to prevent this from causing further noise.
- Q Can this door closer if the door was wider say a 6-foot door work if I doubled up and had two of ... answer nowAsked by March 31, 2021 1:25 PMonA
For this type of gate, we would recommend a more commercial-grade closer that can support the additional weight, such as a TB400. Please contact our sales department for more options that will best suit your application at 937-247-9327, option 1!
- Q During closing, if the gate is stopped from closing just as the latch touches the strike, and the... answer nowAsked by December 4, 2020 7:46 PMon
- Q I’ve purchased other hydraulic gate closers though they are hard to open and require some muscle ... answer nowAsked by August 15, 2020 11:12 AMonA
This closer is primarily used on lighter gate applications and is meant to slowly close the gate rather than having it 'slam' shut.