Extra Heavy-Duty Adjustable Hydraulic Gate Closer (250lb Max)
- Quick and easy installation for both in-line and offset hinge arrangements
- Adjustable hydraulic (Nitrogen Gas) controlled closing speed
- Use On Timber, Metal, Vinyl, Any Material Small or Large Gates Under 250lbs. and 72″ or Less In Width
- Installs on top/middle/bottom
- Works with left and right hand gates
- Mounts on opening side of gate
- Pushes the gate closed
- Mounting brackets and fitting bar included
- TB650 can be mounted on chain link gates with the TB-LINX, sold separately
- Not compatible with gates less than 30 inches wide
- Suitable for use with Lockey keyless gate locks
- Zinc plate PVC coated finish — Weatherproof and PAINTABLE!!
- 1 Year manufacturer warranty: To retain product warranty & restrict gate opening angle, a gate stop must be installed
- Both new and existing gate systems
- Residential and commercial gates
- Pool gates
- Any application where gate must close automatically for safety and security
1 1/2 (D) x 1 1/2 (H) x 31 (L) in.
|Max. Gate Weight|
|Max. Gate Width|
Appx. 8 – 18 lbs
Chain Link, Steel, Vinyl, Wood
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
15F to +122F
1 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Are these suitable for extreme cold applications? answer nowAsked by January 25, 2019 10:20 AMonA
For any hydraulic gate closer the colder it gets the thicker the fluid will be and it will become more difficult to open. It is designed to work in the majority of North American weather but extremes one way or the other can affect it just like any other product. Generally, extremes are the exception and not the rule unless you live in Antartica or the Sahara.
- Q Maximum gate width is specified as 72". Gate weighs less than 200 lbs., but is 88" wide. Can this... answer nowAsked by May 7, 2017 8:44 PMonA
While this would work with a gate that long it will create two issues that should be avoided. First using a hydraulic closer with anything longer than the recommended distance will over compress the hydraulics and eventually cause them to fail. The second is that during that time due to them being overloaded it will cause the gate closing speed to be too fast which could potentially injure people going in and an out.
- Q If two are used, can the gate be up to 500 pounds? answer nowAsked by January 30, 2017 11:04 AMonAYes, using two will allow you to increase the weight of the gate. However, the open and close force will also double which could potentially cause issues with a hard open and a hard close if not properly adjusted.