- Version 2 model virtually same as the original “version 1” Gateways, but with added ability to expand your Networx lock system with up to 7 Expanders (model AL-IME2-EXP)
- Expanders cannot communicate with older “non-version 2” Gateways
- Next generation of Networx Gateways
- Mount within 175 feet (radially) from the intended wireless lock location(s)
- Open areas increase range while concrete building construction, walls, ceilings and narrow corridors decrease range
- Expanders should be mounted in elevated areas; however mounting in a drop ceiling can adversely affect signal strength
- Preferred mounting position = 6 to 12″ below standard 8-9 foot ceiling
- Cost-effective and easier to wire than conventional gateways
- Simplified ‘Plug and Play’ setup; Networx system automatically identifies all newly powered Expanders and quickly self-determines the best wireless signal pathways
- Each Gen. 2 Gateway and a maximum of seven (7) Expanders can be addressed as one group – IT Friendly!
- Total of 99 addressable groups supported (addressable by two rotary switches)
- Both Generation 2 Gateways and matching AL-IME2-EXP and plug-in AL-IME2-PIE Expanders have a new modern styling, and three LED indicators, blending into any decor
Note: Version 2 Gateways CAN be mixed into an existing system that includes older “non-version 2” Gateways.
IT friendly the AL-IM2-80211 is a "Wireless / WiFi" gateway device used within the Trilogy Networx™ wireless system. This Version 2 Gateway combines with wireless wall-mounted expanders and plug-in wireless expanders to cover more building space with 1 ip address vs. 8. The result is increased range with a reduction in project costs. Installation is simple, with the AL-IME2 only requiring access to one RJ-45 Ethernet network cable (initially to configure WiFi connectivity) and an AC outlet.
4.5 (H) x 6.0 (W) x 1.94 (D) in.
Operating Temperature: -4˚ to 140˚F (-20˚ to 60˚C)
Ethernet, 10Base-T or 100Base-TX (using RJ-45 jack)
900MHz, IEEE 802.11b/g
5 – 6 volts AC
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
2 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can Networx Gen 2 gateway handle more than one lock? We have two doors about 100 feet apart and w... answer nowAnswered by the admin
Yes, each Networx gateway can control up to 63 locks at a time and can reach to an average of a 175-foot radius.