Struggling to stay under budget? Need a lock with heft? You want to seriously consider this mag from SDC. Made with uncompromising standards for American quality, the Excel™ Series E1200 is a quiet workhorse without the extra bells and whistles of higher cost options. Throw in remote monitoring, status outputs, and a quick mount assembly and you’ve got your lock. Use for security access control and mantraps.
- Door status, lock status and bi-color LED
- Interlocking quick mount assembly
- Adjustable mounting bracket with choice of self drilling and tapping mounting screws or machine screws
- Wire access chamber with terminal block
- Dual voltage 12/24VDC
- 628 Clear anodized aluminum
- 1200 lb (545 kg) holding force magnetic lock for perimeter and interior door security and access control
- Door and lock status outputs included for remote monitoring, mantraps and system application needs
The E1200 is a lower cost option for commercial door security without compromising quality. It stands sturdy with a 1200 lbs holding force and stainless steel housing body. Complete with full monitoring, including door and lock status outputs for remote monitoring, mantraps and system application needs. The PC board is equipped with voltage and current spike protection safeguards. It features a quick mounting assembly and an adjustable mounting bracket for reducing installation times.
10.5 (L) x 2.875 (H) x 1.625 (D) in.
7.3125 (L) x 2.375 (H) x 0.625 (D) in.
Grade 1 (Best)
250 mA @ 24VDC, 500 mA @ 12VDC
Clear Anodized Aluminum
Security Door Controls (SDC)
5 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q What is the limited warranty, cover. What is meant by limited warranty... also are you in Canada? answer nowAsked by April 19, 2020 8:36 PMonAnswered by the admin
The manufacturer warranty covers the device for any manufacturing defects that may occur with the device for a full replacement. We are not located in Canada but we are able to ship internationally.
- Q I have this same magnet but in the 200 PSI model. We have it totally installed and functional how... answer nowAsked by February 21, 2020 5:03 PMonAnswered by the admin
The mounting of this model should be very similar and require little modification to replace (the E1200 may be slightly larger than your existing model). This model will certainly be strong enough to hold a 100lb heavy door as long as the proper voltage is applied.
- Q Can it be used with a toggle switch (simple lock and unlock with toggle switch)? Are the instruct... answer nowAsked by September 28, 2019 3:50 PMonAnswered by the admin
So long as the devices are wired together properly, you can certainly add a remote release switch or toggle button for this lock. The wiring diagrams included with this product are typically pretty clear on how to wire the two devices together. If you are wiring this lock back to an access panel, you may need to consult the panels' programming instructions to ensure that the remote release is configured properly within the software.
- Q Is there a specific power supply and remotes to use answer nowAsked by May 31, 2019 4:38 PMonA
Any 12/24VDC power supply will do and any remote release kit will work as well.
- Q Does this need a transformer and switch or is it included? answer nowAsked by April 30, 2018 2:14 PMonA This is the magnetic lock only. You will need to purchase additional items such as a power supply and whatever type of switch you wish to use with the system.