Struggling to stay under budget? Need a lock with heft? You want to seriously consider this mag from SDC. Made with uncompromising standards for American quality, the Excel™ Series E1200 is a quiet workhorse without the extra bells and whistles of higher cost options. Throw in remote monitoring, status outputs, and a quick mount assembly and you’ve got your lock. Use for security access control and mantraps.
- Door status, lock status and bi-color LED
- Interlocking quick mount assembly
- Adjustable mounting bracket with choice of self drilling and tapping mounting screws or machine screws
- Wire access chamber with terminal block
- Dual voltage 12/24VDC
- 628 Clear anodized aluminum
- 1200 lb (545 kg) holding force magnetic lock for perimeter and interior door security and access control
- Door and lock status outputs included for remote monitoring, mantraps and system application needs
The E1200 is a lower cost option for commercial door security without compromising quality. It stands sturdy with a 1200 lbs holding force and stainless steel housing body. Complete with full monitoring, including door and lock status outputs for remote monitoring, mantraps and system application needs. The PC board is equipped with voltage and current spike protection safeguards. It features a quick mounting assembly and an adjustable mounting bracket for reducing installation times.
10.5 (L) x 2.875 (H) x 1.625 (D) in.
7.3125 (L) x 2.375 (H) x 0.625 (D) in.
Grade 1 (Best)
250 mA @ 24VDC, 500 mA @ 12VDC
Clear Anodized Aluminum
Security Door Controls (SDC)
5 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can you use a motion sensor request to exit the device along with a remote control release on thi... answer nowAsked by May 25, 2021 3:21 PMonAnswered by the admin
This can certainly be wired to operate with a motion sensor, exit button, and remote release. We would recommend checking with your local fire marshall to ensure proper egress codes are met.
- Q Will this work with the Ubiquity unifi access hub? answer nowAsked by May 7, 2021 8:26 AMonAnswered by the admin
Yes, this mag lock is compatible with the UniFi access hub using the 12V relay.
- Q Will this hold the door from a 200-pound man trying to kick it in? answer nowAsked by January 18, 2021 5:49 PMonAnswered by the admin
This magnetic lock has a holding force of 1200 pounds. This should be more than enough holding force to prevent your average human from forcing the lock apart with brute strength.
- Q Would this work hooked directly to a 12v battery, with a simple positive wire toggle switch for o... answer nowAsked by September 5, 2020 5:14 AMonAnswered by the admin
This would work as 12v batteries are typically used with these models as a backup power supply. However, the life of the battery would depend on usage.
- Q What is the limited warranty, cover. What is meant by limited warranty... also are you in Canada? answer nowAsked by April 19, 2020 8:36 PMonAnswered by the admin
The manufacturer warranty covers the device for any manufacturing defects that may occur with the device for a full replacement. We are not located in Canada but we are able to ship internationally.
- Q I have this same magnet but in the 200 PSI model. We have it totally installed and functional how... answer nowAsked by February 21, 2020 5:03 PMonAnswered by the admin
The mounting of this model should be very similar and require little modification to replace (the E1200 may be slightly larger than your existing model). This model will certainly be strong enough to hold a 100lb heavy door as long as the proper voltage is applied.
- Q Can it be used with a toggle switch (simple lock and unlock with toggle switch)? Are the instruct... answer nowAsked by September 28, 2019 3:50 PMonAnswered by the admin
So long as the devices are wired together properly, you can certainly add a remote release switch or toggle button for this lock. The wiring diagrams included with this product are typically pretty clear on how to wire the two devices together. If you are wiring this lock back to an access panel, you may need to consult the panels' programming instructions to ensure that the remote release is configured properly within the software.