Explosion Proof Magnetic Lock
Secure your facility and your workers with the EP17624 explosion proof magnetic lock. Designed to withstand corrosive environments, such as those found in chemical plants, refineries and paint shops, this lock contains no moving parts and uses an explosion proof epoxy seal to eliminate the risk of hazardous sparks or arc in the lock.
- Designed for applications where flammable vapors are present
- Explosion Proof Epoxy Sealed to eliminate sparks
- No moving parts, virtually maintenance free
- Corrosion Proof
- Door Status Sensor
- 628 Clear Anodized Aluminum housing
- Classified for Class 1, Division 2 Hazardous Locations
- Ideal for chemical plants, refineries, paint shops, cleaning facilities, and loading facilities for flammable gases
This unit is intended to be used in the following atmospheres with the following chemicals:
- Ammonium Hydroxide
- ASTM fuel C
- Methyl-Ethyl Ketone
- Normal Hexane
- Methyl Alcohol
The SDC EP17624 is a hardy magnetic lock classified for Class 1, Division 2 hazardous locations, such as those found chemical plants, refineries, paint shops, cleaning facilities, and loading facilities for flammable vapors. Vital to the safety provided by the lock is the explosion proof epoxy seal, which eliminates the threat of sparks or arc in the lock which may cause ignition. This corrosion proof lock has no moving parts, which makes the unit virtually maintenance free. It’s also equipped with a sensor to communicate door status.
2 (H) x 10 1/2 (L) x 1 3/4 (D) in.
1 3/4 (H) x 7 1/8 (L) x 3/4 (D) in.
250 mA @ 24VDC
less than 185°F
not to exceed 104°F
Clear Anodized Aluminum
Security Door Controls (SDC)
5 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Is the SDC EP17624 EXPLOSION PROOF MAGNETIC LOCK got for an outdoor envorment in a Class1 Div. 2 ... answer nowAnswered by the admin
Yes, per the manufacturers' specs this will work in your application.