Request-To-Exit PIR Sensor
Don’t stress the egress! Paired to your access control system, this highly adjustable sensor with a passive infrared egress detector signals exit doors to open as visitors approach. Adjustable time delays, coverage fields, and selectable fail-safe or fail-secure modes.
- Adjustable 1 to 60 second time delay
- Coverage field is internally adjustable
- Projects a wrap around “U” pattern down and away from the door to inhibit tampering
- May be mounted to the frame header, wall or ceiling
- Coverage when angled at 14 degrees ranges from 5 x 6 at 7 feet high to 10 x 12 at 15 ft high
- Complies with NFPA applications
- Field selectable failsafe or failsecure mode
The MD-31D is a highly customizable passive egress sensor. While paired with your access control system you can adjust the relays to signal access or control a magnetic lock, which can then be set to a 1 to 60 second time delay. Both failsafe and failsecure options are available to suit your needs. Adjustable sensitivity and view shutters allow for more focused detection in areas where increased foot traffic may unintentionally trip the sensor. The coverage range is even projected in a “U” pattern to deter tampering. Available in either black or white.
2 (H) x 7 (W) x 2 (D) in.
5 x 6 feet at 7 feet high to 10 x 12 feet at 15 feet high, at 14 degrees angle
12 to 28 VDC or VAC, 3V peak-to-peak at 12.5V, less than 50 mA current consumption
Fail Safe, Fail Secure
2 SPDT Dr, 1 Amp at 30VDC
14 to 122 F
Less than 95% non-condensing
Security Door Controls (SDC)
FCC Part 15, NFPA 101 Life Safety, UL 294
5 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.