Pushbutton Cipher Lock
$283.55 – $340.08
Security made simple. The Kaba Simplex 1011 is a heavy-duty pushbutton lock designed to withstand high traffic and tough environments. No electronics, wires, or keys to worry about. Features auto-locking to ensure your door or gate is always locked behind you when it closes.
Volume pricing applied in cart
Upgrade to EXTRA Heavy-Duty Grade 1 Hardware Kaba Simplex 5021 Learn More
- 100% Mechanical HEAVY DUTY push button lock
- Fully bump and pick proof lock
- Thousands of possible codes combinations
- Auto-locking; can be ordered with passage mode feature in Simplex 1031 model
- HEAVY DUTY Latchbolt with deadlocking plunger
- Covers existing standard ASA 161 door hole
- Fits left and right swinging doors
- All hardware and instructions included with order
- Low maintenance, no batteries or wires
- Fits nearly all hinged doors
- Backset: 2 3/4″ included (2 3/8″ available at checkout) How do I measure?
- 3 year manufacturer warranty
7 3/8 (H) x 3 1/8 (W) x 3 3/16 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 4 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Through-Bolt Hole(s)
1 to 5 Digits
Keypad – Digits
3-hour UL/ULC fire rating for A labeled doors
3 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Is there a way to set the door so it doesn't always lock behind you? answer nowAsked by Cindy on December 21, 2021 6:09 PMAnswered by the admin
For this feature, you will need the Simplex 1031 model!
- Q While changing the code somehow the original combo would no longer work. Is there a way to add a ... answer nowAsked by Cassidy on November 30, 2021 9:28 PMAnswered by the admin
Since no combination will unlock the door currently, the combination chamber will need to be manually reset. This process will require the lock to be removed from the door.
To reset the combination chamber without the current code, please follow the steps in the document below.
- Q What if it breaks and I can’t get the gate opened. Is there an override? Also, will this fit a fr... answer nowAsked by Garret on September 27, 2021 5:12 PMAnswered by the admin
These locks can certainly be installed on a gate but may require a gate box for proper mounting. The Simplex 1011 does not offer an override but the Simplex 1021 does feature a manual key override to bypass the keypad if desired.
- Q Is there a lever handle replacement for a originally round knob set? answer nowAsked by Adam on April 1, 2021 12:53 PMAnswered by the admin
Unfortunately, the lever and knob models each require slightly different housing. The lock will need to be ordered for either knob or lever usage.
- Answered by the admin
Please see our blog on how to change the code on a Simplex 1000 series here: https://www.gokeyless.com/blog/kaba-simplex-1000-lock-change-code/
- Q Does this work with either a left or right opening door? answer nowAsked by Ed on September 22, 2020 11:46 AMAnswered by the admin
Yes! The handles for this model is reversible to fit both left and right-handed doors.
- Q Is there a push button on both sides or just one? What prevents someone from reaching around a do... answer nowAsked by Curtis Mitchell on July 14, 2020 11:45 PMAnswered by the admin
The model shown here is a single-sided keypad. If you need a doublesided model that requires a code to enter or exit, please see the back-to-back version here: https://www.gokeyless.com/product/simplex-ee1011-exit-entry-pushbutton-lock/
- Q Will the Simplex 1000 Series model work on a 1-1/4” vinyl gate. The specifications indicated that... answer nowAsked by Rick Schmiege on May 3, 2020 7:38 AMAnswered by the admin
This model would not be recommended for your application. For better options, please contact our sales staff at 937-247-9327, option 1 or [email protected]
- Q Does this come with a lever handle? Can they (both types of handles) be used back to back so both... answer nowAsked by Mike Gregg on January 27, 2020 4:57 PMAnswered by the admin
The Simplex 1011 can be ordered with levers instead of knobs (L1011)! However, the double-sided model can only be ordered with knobs. The manufacturer does not offer a back-to-back model with lever handles. For more options of locks that do offer double-sided lever entry, please feel free to contact our sales staff at 937-247-9327, option 1 or by email at [email protected]!