Kwikset SmartCode 912
Z-Wave Plus Smart Lever
Featuring Home Connect and Z-Wave Plus for wireless communication with other devices in the home. A web enabled device may be used to remotely check the door lock status, lock or unlock the door and receive text or email messages.
- Z-Wave Plus and Home Connect technology allows door lock to communicate with other Z-Wave devices in your home
- Lock and check status with Amazon Alexa via Vera, Samsung SmartThings and/or Wink
- Perfect solution for home office, storage room, or interior garage door where the security of a deadbolt is not required
- Receive email, phone call, or text alert every time the lock is opened, a code is attempted, or the batteries are running low
- Program up to 30 different codes when used with Z-Wave Plus home automation system
- Set keyless entry codes from any internet connected PC! Great for giving temporary access to your neighbor to walk the dog, a contractor doing home repairs, or the babysitter
- Full 128-bit encryption
- Patented side locking bar technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping, an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin & tumbler locks
- Customizable auto re-lock feature. Default setting is for lock to auto re-lock in 30 seconds. You can turn this on/off
- Full size field reversible lever handle
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Classic Z-Wave
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
Looking to use voice commands to lock your door with Amazon Alexa? Simply pair the Kwikset wireless lock to the VeraPlus controller and then enable the Vera skill inside the Alexa app. Speak “Alexa, lock the front door” to your Amazon Echo or Dot, and Vera will lock the door. Cool part is you can add electronic switches, Z-Wave LED bulbs, remote control outlets and other devices to create groups in Alexa for automating certain routines you manually do every day, like turning the lights off and locking the doors when you go to bed at night.
*Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
4 7/16 (H) x 2 13/16 (W) x 2 11/16 (D) in.
5 3/8 (H) x 3 1/4 (W) x 3 13/32 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
4 to 8 Digits
2 (Up to 30 when connected to Z-Wave network)
Front body: Weather Resistant
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-40°F – 180°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
32°F – 122°F
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 4 in.
Keypad – Digits
Auto Relocking, Remote Control, Status Monitoring, Z-Wave Plus
Kwikset Recodeable (KW1)
40 ft. (increase range with repeaters / mesh network)
Grade 2 (Better)
99120-037, 99120-038, 99120-039
1 Year Electronic, Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q I understand that the 912 will provide status, i.e., locked or unlocked, correct? I'm assuming th... answer nowAsked by February 25, 2019 6:05 PMonA
Yes, you can through the z-wave app see if the lock is locked or unlocked but you cannot tell if the door is open or closed by the lock. You can, however, add a door sensor that through the z-wave app will tell you if it is open or closed. Yes, you can engage the lock while the door is in the open position.
- Q Can the 912 touchpad lever be installed on both sides of the same door? answer nowAsked by September 12, 2018 3:28 PMon