Programmable WiFi Comfort Control Thermostat
Take your home with you! With Trane’s innovative control thermostat, you can make it a warmer winter or cooler summer from most web-enabled devices, like your smartphone, and thanks to the built-in Nexia Bridge, you can remotely control your home too! Works with all standard HVAC systems.
- Nexia Remote Climate Access
- Basic Nexia™ Home Intelligence account subscription is included with the XL824 Control at no additional charge
- Simple functions such as raising and lowering your home’s temperature from your smartphone / tablet
- Built-in Nexia Bridge
- Get the FULL BENEFIT of your system with paid subscription to Nexia Home Intelligence
- XL824 can serve as the central hub of an entire network of home automation devices when connected to a Nexia Home Intelligence account*
- Expand your system by adding up to 232 compatible Z-wave smart products*
- Easily change the temperature before you arrive or if you forgot to set it before you left
- Reduce costs by setting up a schedule or putting your comfort system into an energy savings mode when you’re away
- Enjoy the convenience and security of text and email alerts that inform you of happenings in your home.
- View weather information including outdoor temperature, five-day forecasts, radar and weather alerts
- Receive software updates automatically
- 4.3” high definition color touchscreen
- 5 system modes; auto, heating, cooling, off, emergency heat
- 3 fan modes; auto, on, circulate
- Compatible with conventional 24 volt cooling, heating, heat pump and dual fuel forced air systems
- Controls up to 2 of the following 3 accessory devices: whole house humidifier, dehumidifier or energy or heat recovery ventilation system
- Create up to six daily heating and cooling schedules
- Indoor relative humidity display
- Installation and Setup Wizards
- Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection
- 5-day weather forecast & weather radar**
*Requires active Nexia subscription – $9.99/month. ** Requires high speed router and connection to Nexia™
5 1/2 (W) x 3 3/8 (H) x 1 (D) in.
-40° to 175°F
5% to 95% non-condensing
1 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Why is the outside temp on the app incorrect? example: its 33 degrees outside, the app is showing... answer nowAsked by November 29, 2019 7:38 AMonAnswered by the admin
This information is typically pulled from your area/location and may not reflect the actual temperatures unless a temperature sensor is installed. To troubleshoot any potential errors, we would recommend contacting the manufacturer, Trane, at 1-844-529-8237!
- Q When heating, does the thermostat app show when auxiliary heat is being used? answer nowAsked by November 29, 2019 7:34 AMonAnswered by the admin
Yes, there will be a message on the thermostat showing when AUX heat is in use.
- Q I have 2 systems each system is controlled by a Trane ComfortLink II thermostat. Is this XL824 co... answer nowAsked by September 17, 2019 4:33 PMonAnswered by the admin
Certainly! The Trane XL824 would be able to painlessly replace your current Comfortlink II models.
- Q Does it run on batteries and if so, where are they located? answer nowAsked by September 4, 2019 4:45 PMonAnswered by the admin
This unit is powered by your 24VAC common wire for thermostat controllers.
Alexa is a software AI by Amazon and works with Amazon devices. You would need a Z-wave Hub that works with an Amazon Echo or similar device with Alexa and also works with this thermostat in order to use the Alexa AI. The Vera hubs work with some Amazon products such as the Echo which would, in turn, control the thermostat.
- Q Do you need to have an Nexia subscription at $9.99/month? answer nowAsked by June 1, 2019 3:33 PMonA
Only if you are using the Nexia Platform.
- Q Can I use this thermostat with an Arzel zoning device bolted on to a brand new Trane air handler?... answer nowAsked by February 12, 2019 6:00 AMonA
You would need to speak with the manufacturer Trane as well as Azrel as that is not a system we sell or service and these should be installed by a Trane professional.