Programmable WiFi Comfort Control Thermostat
Take your home with you! With Trane’s innovative control thermostat, you can make it a warmer winter or cooler summer from most web-enabled devices, like your smartphone, and thanks to the built-in Nexia Bridge, you can remotely control your home too! Works with all standard HVAC systems.
- Nexia Remote Climate Access
- Basic Nexia™ Home Intelligence account subscription is included with the XL824 Control at no additional charge
- Simple functions such as raising and lowering your home’s temperature from your smartphone / tablet
- Built-in Nexia Bridge
- Get the FULL BENEFIT of your system with paid subscription to Nexia Home Intelligence
- XL824 can serve as the central hub of an entire network of home automation devices when connected to a Nexia Home Intelligence account*
- Expand your system by adding up to 232 compatible Z-wave smart products*
- Easily change the temperature before you arrive or if you forgot to set it before you left
- Reduce costs by setting up a schedule or putting your comfort system into an energy savings mode when you’re away
- Enjoy the convenience and security of text and email alerts that inform you of happenings in your home.
- View weather information including outdoor temperature, five-day forecasts, radar and weather alerts
- Receive software updates automatically
- 4.3” high definition color touchscreen
- 5 system modes; auto, heating, cooling, off, emergency heat
- 3 fan modes; auto, on, circulate
- Compatible with conventional 24 volt cooling, heating, heat pump and dual fuel forced air systems
- Controls up to 2 of the following 3 accessory devices: whole house humidifier, dehumidifier or energy or heat recovery ventilation system
- Create up to six daily heating and cooling schedules
- Indoor relative humidity display
- Installation and Setup Wizards
- Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection
- 5-day weather forecast & weather radar**
*Requires active Nexia subscription – $9.99/month. ** Requires high speed router and connection to Nexia™
5 1/2 (W) x 3 3/8 (H) x 1 (D) in.
-40° to 175°F
5% to 95% non-condensing
1 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can this be used with a Trane xl20i system? Do you have to use wifi? answer nowAsked by May 5, 2021 4:10 PMonAnswered by the admin
This thermostat does appear to be compatible with the XL20i air conditioner. The Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection is only needed if you are using this thermostat on the Nexia service as a Z-Wave hub and want to control the device remotely.
- Q Doesnt the Trane 824 come with a nexia account so you can use the bridge for up to 5 zwave device... answer nowAsked by February 22, 2021 3:56 PMonAnswered by the admin
This includes a basic Nexia Home Intelligence account subscription. However, this can be upgraded to the subscription plan for additional benefits.
- Q Is the Trane XL824 thermostat compatible with an older (20 yrs) Trane XV95 two stage furnace? answer nowAsked by January 26, 2021 5:06 PMonAnswered by the admin
This thermostat does support most 2-stage heating systems.
- Q Can this thermostat be used with a Trane XC95m model no. TUHMB060ACV3VAA? answer nowAsked by October 5, 2020 12:38 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes! The XL824 thermostat can be used to control the XC95m gas furnace.
- Q I was wondering if I could program the desired humidity without changing the thermostat? answer nowAsked by August 15, 2020 12:49 PMonAnswered by the admin
This model does have the ability to control a separate humidifier/dehumidifier.
- Q Can I replace a regular thermostat with this unit? answer nowAsked by July 13, 2020 11:10 AMonAnswered by the admin
This thermostat is designed to replace the thermostat unit for most standard heating/cooling systems.
- Q Is this a suitable replacement for Trane Multi-Stage Thermostat 7-Day Programmable Touchscreen Th... answer nowAsked by May 28, 2020 4:28 PMonAnswered by the admin
This product can be used as a replacement for your existing Trane thermostat. The unit does come with installation and wiring instructions but an electrician may be recommended if you are not comfortable with wiring this unit yourself.
- Q I would like to replace one of my 3 Trane Thermostats with this one. My entire system and control... answer nowAsked by January 31, 2020 9:34 PMonAnswered by the admin
This model can certainly be used as a replacement for the current thermostat. For more information on mounting or compatibility, we would recommend contacting the manufacturer directly.A Hey Bart, I think I may have the same Trane system you have, the Integrated Comfort System, which is now 18 years old. Our thermostats are ZUSTATALP510 and the displays cant be read any more. Did you have any luck switching to this XL824? I guess you have a 3-zone system; were you able to switch them all out?