Programmable WiFi Comfort Control Thermostat
Take your home with you! With Trane’s innovative control thermostat, you can make it a warmer winter or cooler summer from most web-enabled devices, like your smartphone, and thanks to the built-in Nexia Bridge, you can remotely control your home too! Works with all standard HVAC systems.
- Nexia Remote Climate Access
- Basic Nexia™ Home Intelligence account subscription is included with the XL824 Control at no additional charge
- Simple functions such as raising and lowering your home’s temperature from your smartphone / tablet
- Built-in Nexia Bridge
- Get the FULL BENEFIT of your system with paid subscription to Nexia Home Intelligence
- XL824 can serve as the central hub of an entire network of home automation devices when connected to a Nexia Home Intelligence account*
- Expand your system by adding up to 232 compatible Z-wave smart products*
- Easily change the temperature before you arrive or if you forgot to set it before you left
- Reduce costs by setting up a schedule or putting your comfort system into an energy savings mode when you’re away
- Enjoy the convenience and security of text and email alerts that inform you of happenings in your home.
- View weather information including outdoor temperature, five-day forecasts, radar and weather alerts
- Receive software updates automatically
- 4.3” high definition color touchscreen
- 5 system modes; auto, heating, cooling, off, emergency heat
- 3 fan modes; auto, on, circulate
- Compatible with conventional 24 volt cooling, heating, heat pump and dual fuel forced air systems
- Controls up to 2 of the following 3 accessory devices: whole house humidifier, dehumidifier or energy or heat recovery ventilation system
- Create up to six daily heating and cooling schedules
- Indoor relative humidity display
- Installation and Setup Wizards
- Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection
- 5-day weather forecast & weather radar**
*Requires active Nexia subscription – $9.99/month. ** Requires high speed router and connection to Nexia™
5 1/2 (W) x 3 3/8 (H) x 1 (D) in.
-40° to 175°F
5% to 95% non-condensing
1 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
Alexa is a software AI by Amazon and works with Amazon devices. You would need a Z-wave Hub that works with an Amazon Echo or similar device with Alexa and also works with this thermostat in order to use the Alexa AI. The Vera hubs work with some Amazon products such as the Echo which would, in turn, control the thermostat.
Only if you are using the Nexia Platform.
- Q Can I use this thermostat with an Arzel zoning device bolted on to a brand new Trane air handler?... answer nowA
You would need to speak with the manufacturer Trane as well as Azrel as that is not a system we sell or service and these should be installed by a Trane professional.
No, this is a fully hardwired thermostat.
While this is a WiFi thermostat and it does work with most WiFi networks, you would have to contact Honeywell for complete integration details including compatibility for this specific model.
- A This is no longer correct. With the updated software, the XL824 will work with a 2 stage heat pump and a variable speed blower. I have this configuration with the XL18i 2-stage Heat Pump and the TEM6 variable speed blower.
- Q What happens when the controller looses power? Does it automatically reboot when power is restored? answer nowA
Yes, it will automatically reboot, but there is a five-minute restore delay in order to protect the AC compressor during the reboot.