Programmable WiFi Comfort Control Thermostat
Take your home with you! With Trane’s innovative control thermostat, you can make it a warmer winter or cooler summer from most web-enabled devices, like your smartphone, and thanks to the built-in Nexia Bridge, you can remotely control your home too! Works with all standard HVAC systems.
Please be aware that the item you are interested in is currently experiencing extended lead times due to a national supply shortage. While we understand this may cause some inconvenience, we are offering the option to purchase the item on back order. Rest assured that orders will be shipped in the order they were placed, ensuring your place in line. Please note that lead times may exceed 6 months. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Commercial Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
- Nexia Remote Climate Access
- Basic Nexia™ Home Intelligence account subscription is included with the XL824 Control at no additional charge
- Simple functions such as raising and lowering your home’s temperature from your smartphone / tablet
- Built-in Nexia Bridge
- Get the FULL BENEFIT of your system with paid subscription to Nexia Home Intelligence
- XL824 can serve as the central hub of an entire network of home automation devices when connected to a Nexia Home Intelligence account*
- Expand your system by adding up to 232 compatible Z-wave smart products*
- Easily change the temperature before you arrive or if you forgot to set it before you left
- Reduce costs by setting up a schedule or putting your comfort system into an energy savings mode when you’re away
- Enjoy the convenience and security of text and email alerts that inform you of happenings in your home.
- View weather information including outdoor temperature, five-day forecasts, radar and weather alerts
- Receive software updates automatically
- 4.3” high definition color touchscreen
- 5 system modes; auto, heating, cooling, off, emergency heat
- 3 fan modes; auto, on, circulate
- Compatible with conventional 24 volt cooling, heating, heat pump and dual fuel forced air systems
- Controls up to 2 of the following 3 accessory devices: whole house humidifier, dehumidifier or energy or heat recovery ventilation system
- Create up to six daily heating and cooling schedules
- Indoor relative humidity display
- Installation and Setup Wizards
- Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection
- 5-day weather forecast & weather radar**
- Wire gauge: 18 AWG
*Requires active Nexia subscription – $9.99/month. ** Requires high speed router and connection to Nexia™
5 1/2 (W) x 3 3/8 (H) x 1 (D) in.
-40° to 175°F
|Operating Humidity Maximum|
5% to 95% RH non-condensing
1 Year Manufacturer
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Continue as a Guest
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can this unit be adjusted manually? answer nowAsked by March 26, 2022 2:58 PMonA
Yes, this thermostat can be adjusted directly from the wall unit or through the Nexia smartphone app.
- Q Is there a remote wireless thermostat that works with the 824. The room that the thermostat is in... answer nowAsked by February 21, 2022 6:00 AMonA
The Trane XL824 is a wireless remote controllable thermostat. You would be able to adjust the temperature remotely for that room.
- Q Using the TRANE XL824 thermostat, what do I do to engage the humidifier? Steps please and thank y... answer nowAsked by January 31, 2022 2:24 PMonA
If you controller is in Simple Mode, you will see an option on the main screen for Indoor Humidity. Select this to adjust humidity. Note that you must have a humidifier connected to the normally open dry AUX Contacts on the Control Sub-base. Humidification is only enabled while in heating mode of operation.
- Q Is there a monthly fee if I only use Nexia with this thermostat only? answer nowAsked by November 11, 2021 2:37 PMonA
This includes a basic Nexia Home Intelligence account subscription. However, this can be upgraded to the subscription plan for additional benefits.
- Q I have an older heat only furnace, which has three wires to the thermostat - "C" wire, "RH" wire,... answer nowAsked by November 8, 2021 2:32 AMonA
Yes! This thermostat is fully compatible with a standard three-wire heating system.
- Q How do you access the batteries or recharge them? answer nowAsked by November 3, 2021 11:02 PMonA
The XL824 does not require batteries and is powered by a hardwired 24VAC power supply.
- Q Do these have battery backup? If not, when power is lost, will programming resume as programmed o... answer nowAsked by August 19, 2021 4:31 PMonA
This model does not offer a battery backup and may need to be reprogrammed if power is lost for an extended period of time.
- Q What is the full part number for this thermostat? Should be something like TCONT824AS52DA or TCON... answer nowAsked by August 18, 2021 8:09 PMonA
The full part number of this item is TCONT824AS52DB.
- Q What color is the thermostat? One image shows silver and one (on the wall) shows white). answer nowAsked by August 18, 2021 6:17 PMonA
The XL824 is a grey/silver color.
- Q Can this be used with a Trane xl20i system? Do you have to use wifi? answer nowAsked by May 5, 2021 4:10 PMonA
This thermostat does appear to be compatible with the XL20i air conditioner. The Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection is only needed if you are using this thermostat on the Nexia service as a Z-Wave hub and want to control the device remotely.
0 reviews with a 3-star rating
There are no reviews with a 3-star rating yet