Yale Assure YRD216-CBA
WiFi Smart Deadbolt
Best lock in the world? Certainly possible. Built to the strong Yale standards with a smart Yale Access brain. One of the biggest wishes we get from those with the traditional August lock is to control it from the door and not the app every time. Wish granted.
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Cabinet Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Commercial Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Residential Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Yale Assure Lock
- Push Button keypad with backlit numbers that won’t wear off
- Mechanical key override
- Manage up to 30 unique codes to share with friends and family
- Weather Protection Gasket
- One-touch locking and keypad wake-up
- Privacy Mode – privacy button located on the interior side of the lock enables users to temporarily disable user codes
- Tamper Resistant Battery Cover
- Tamper Alert – audible alarm sounds if there is an attempt to forcibly remove the lock
- Automatically relocks after 30 seconds
- Simple to install on standard doors and replaces your existing deadbolt in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Certified ANSI/BHMA A156.36, Grade 2
- Lifetime limited warranty for finish and mechanical, one year electronics
- Works with Yale Access App, available for iOS or Android
- Lock and unlock your door from anywhere through WiFi
- Auto-unlocks as you approach with your phone
- Control with your voice using Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri*
- Send virtual keys to friends, family and service providers
- See when they’re coming and going
- DoorSense lets you know if your door is open or closed
- Auto Lock ensures your door is always locked when you leave
- Great for use with AirBnB and HomeAway
*Available voice activated features will vary by voice assistant
- YRD216 Pushbutton Deadbolt
- Connect WiFi Bridge
The Yale Assure Lock series offers true peace of mind through remote lock access and monitoring wherever you are. With the Yale Access app and your smartphone or tablet you can remotely lock and unlock your door, track lock usage, adjust lock settings, and share unique access codes with friends and family. Codes can be further customized for scheduled access, for contractors, weekend visits from the in-laws or a few hours on weekdays for the sitter. The Yale Access app will also let you see whether your door is open or closed with the DoorSense magnetic sensor, useful for tricky or misaligned doors. Coming home with hands full of groceries or kids in tow? Your Assure lock can automatically unlock when it detects your phone as you approach your door and relock behind you when you enter. Control your lock with your voice through Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple’s Siri. The lock can even talk to you, helping with lock setup and options, creating codes, a tamper alarm, and more.
5 3/16 (H) x 2 3/4 (W) x 1 3/16 (D) in.
3 (L) x 2 1/8 (W) x 6 7/8 (H) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/4 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit (Siri), Google Assistant
Homekit, Honeywell, Logitech, Nest, SimpliSafe, stringify, Wink, xfinity, YONOMI, Z-Wave, IFTTT Applets & Services
Key, Keypad – Digits, Smartphone/App
Weather Resistant Exterior
4 to 8 Digits
Activity Monitoring, Auto Relocking, Auto Unlocking, Bluetooth, Privacy, Remote Control, Status Monitoring, Tamper Alerts, Temporary Codes, Timed Codes
Bluetooth BLE, WiFi
Android 5.0 or later, iOS 10 or later
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
Assure, August, Yale Home
Grade 2 (Better)
|Battery Temperature Range|
14°F to 131°F
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
5°F to 158°F (-15°C to 70°C)
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can this be configured to work with the SmartThings app using Z-Wave and an Aeotec SmartThings hub? answer nowAsked by Mark Keller on September 27, 2022 7:34 PMA
The YRD216 can be used with SmartThings if ordered with the ZW2 Z-Wave module. Part Number: YRD216-ZW2
- Q I don't want it to "Automatically relocks after 30 seconds" if I go to take out the garbage to th... answer nowAsked by Gwen on July 25, 2022 12:47 AMA
The auto-lock feature can be disabled by entering the settings menu and pressing 3 > gear > 1 > gear > 1 > gear > then the checkmark button to exit the menu. With auto-lock disabled, you can lock the deadbolt from the outside by pressing the checkmark button.
- Q Is the lock code able to be changed after every use? We have a vacation home and would like to re... answer nowAsked by Lisa Stephens on June 23, 2019 12:49 PMA
You are able to change the code remotely through the August application.