Yale Assure Lock YRD256 SL Keyless Touchscreen Deadbolt Connected by August
Slim, smart, and 100% keyless security! Use your smartphone to remotely lock and unlock your door from anywhere, share codes, and be notified when those codes are used. Enjoy ultimate convenience with automatic locking and unlocking customization that activate when you leave or come home.
Yale Assure Lock
- Touchscreen keypad with backlit numbers that won’t wear off
- 100% Key free means no pick or bump break-ins
- 9V battery backup terminal
- Manage up to 25 unique codes to share with friends and family
- Weather Protection Gasket
- One-touch locking and keypad wake-up
- Privacy Mode – privacy button located on the interior side of the lock enables users to temporarily disable user codes
- Tamper Resistant Battery Cover
- Tamper Alert – audible alarm sounds if there is an attempt to forcibly remove the lock
- Automatically relocks after 30 seconds
- Simple to install on standard doors and replaces your existing deadbolt in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Certified ANSI/BHMA A156.36, Grade 2
- Lifetime limited warranty for finish and mechanical, one year electronics
Connected by August
- Works with August App, available for iOS and Android
- Lock and unlock your door from anywhere
- Auto-unlocks as you approach with your phone
- Control with your voice using Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri*
- Send virtual keys to friends, family and service providers
- See when they’re coming and going
- DoorSense lets you know if your door is open or closed
- Auto Lock ensures your door is always locked when you leave
*Available voice activated features will vary by voice assistant
- YRD256 Keyless Touchscreen Deadbolt
- August Connect WiFi Bridge
- August DoorSense
The Yale Assure Lock Connected by August series offers true peace of mind through remote lock access and monitoring wherever you are. With the August app and your smartphone or tablet you can remotely lock and unlock your door, track lock usage, adjust lock settings, and share unique access codes with friends and family. Codes can be further customized for scheduled access, for contractors, weekend visits from the in-laws or a few hours on weekdays for the sitter. The August app will also let you see whether your door is open or closed with the DoorSense magnetic sensor, useful for tricky or misaligned doors. Coming home with hands full of groceries or kids in tow? Your Connected by August Assure lock can automatically unlock when it detects your phone as you approach your door and relock behind you when you enter. Control your lock with your voice through Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple’s Siri. The lock can even talk to you, helping with lock setup and options, creating codes, a tamper alarm, and more.
3 9/16 (H) x 2 9/16 (W) x 11/16 (D) in.
6 3/4 (H) x 3 3/4 (W) x 3 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 1/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
Apple HomeKit (Siri), Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa
|More Smart Home Partners|
HomeKit, IFTTT, Nest, Honeywell, SimpliSafe, Logitech, YONOMI, wink, xfinity, stringify, zwave
Keypad – Digits
Weather Resistant Exterior
4 to 8 Digits
Bluetooth, Auto Relocking, Status Monitoring, Activity Monitoring, Auto Unlocking, Battery Backup, Tamper Alerts, Scheduling, Remote Control, Privacy/Lockdown
iOS 10 or later, Android 5.0 or later
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
Assure, Yale Real Living
Grade 2 (Better)
|Battery Temperature Range|
14°F to 131°F
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-22°F to 140°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
5°F to 158°F
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40°F to -185°F
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Answered by the admin
It has 9v battery terminals on the bottom of the front of the lock so you can power it long enough to enter a code and open the lock.
- Q Do I need to buy anything in conjunction with this lock, in order to do all that is listed? answer nowAnswered by the admin
It comes with everything you need to do what is listed for the August connect.