Yale Assure YRD256
WiFi Key Free Deadbolt
Slim, smart, and 100% keyless security! Use your smartphone to remotely lock and unlock your door from anywhere, share codes, and be notified when those codes are used. Enjoy ultimate convenience with automatic locking and unlocking customization that activate when you leave or come home.
Yale Assure Lock
- Touchscreen keypad with backlit numbers that won’t wear off
- 100% Key free means no pick or bump break-ins
- 9V battery backup terminal
- Manage up to 30 unique codes to share with friends and family
- Weather Protection Gasket
- One-touch locking and keypad wake-up
- Privacy Mode – privacy button located on the interior side of the lock enables users to temporarily disable user codes
- Tamper Resistant Battery Cover
- Tamper Alert – audible alarm sounds if there is an attempt to forcibly remove the lock
- Automatically relocks after 30 seconds
- Simple to install on standard doors and replaces your existing deadbolt in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Certified ANSI/BHMA A156.36, Grade 2
- Lifetime limited warranty for finish and mechanical, one year electronics
- Works with Yale Access App, available for iOS and Android
- Lock and unlock your door from anywhere through WiFi
- Auto-unlocks as you approach with your phone
- Control with your voice using Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri*
- Send virtual keys to friends, family and service providers
- See when they’re coming and going
- DoorSense lets you know if your door is open or closed
- Auto Lock ensures your door is always locked when you leave
*Available voice activated features will vary by voice assistant
- YRD256 Keyless Touchscreen Deadbolt
- Connect WiFi Bridge
The Yale Assure Lock series offers true peace of mind through remote lock access and monitoring wherever you are. With the Yale Access app and your smartphone or tablet you can remotely lock and unlock your door, track lock usage, adjust lock settings, and share unique access codes with friends and family. Codes can be further customized for scheduled access, for contractors, weekend visits from the in-laws or a few hours on weekdays for the sitter. The Yale Access app will also let you see whether your door is open or closed with the DoorSense magnetic sensor, useful for tricky or misaligned doors. Coming home with hands full of groceries or kids in tow? Your Assure lock can automatically unlock when it detects your phone as you approach your door and relock behind you when you enter. Control your lock with your voice through Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple’s Siri. The lock can even talk to you, helping with lock setup and options, creating codes, a tamper alarm, and more.
3 9/16 (H) x 2 9/16 (W) x 11/16 (D) in.
6 3/4 (H) x 3 3/4 (W) x 3 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 1/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit (Siri), Google Assistant
|More Smart Home Partners|
HomeKit, Honeywell, IFTTT, Logitech, Nest, SimpliSafe, stringify, wink, xfinity, YONOMI, zwave
Keypad – Digits
Weather Resistant Exterior
4 to 8 Digits
Activity Monitoring, Auto Relocking, Auto Unlocking, Battery Backup, Bluetooth, Privacy/Lockdown, Remote Control, Scheduling, Status Monitoring, Tamper Alerts
Bluetooth BLE, WiFi
Android 5.0 or later, iOS 10 or later
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
Assure, Yale Home
Grade 2 (Better)
|Battery Temperature Range|
14°F to 131°F
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-22°F to 140°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
5°F to 158°F
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can I use a thick door kit with this? I have a 2 1/4” door. answer nowAsked by December 25, 2020 3:42 AMonAnswered by the admin
This lock model can be used on doors that are 2 1/4" thick!
- Q Can the Yale Assure Lock SL connect to both the Apple Homekit and the Brilliant Smart Home hub? answer nowAsked by October 24, 2020 9:53 AMonAnswered by the admin
This model can be integrated with Apple Homekit but you will need to request for the lock to ship with an IM1 network module so that it is able to connect. To connect to the Brilliant system, the lock will require a ZM2 network module (this is the default module shipped with the lock).
- Q What happens if the battery dies? Since there is no key override how would that work answer nowAsked by February 25, 2019 3:26 PMonAnswered by the admin
It has 9v battery terminals on the bottom of the front of the lock so you can power it long enough to enter a code and open the lock.
- Q Do I need to buy anything in conjunction with this lock, in order to do all that is listed? answer nowAsked by January 19, 2019 9:41 AMonAnswered by the admin
It comes with everything you need to do what is listed for the August connect.