Yale Assure YRL216-CBA
WiFi Pushbutton Lever Lock
Tech-savvy superheroes need not apply! With the power of your smartphone and the Yale Access app, you’ll be able to effortlessly generate and distribute digital codes for your loved ones, no matter where you are. Experience the future of home security today with the Yale YRL216-CBA electronic keypad lever lock. Say goodbye to keys and unlock a new level of convenience using your smartphone.
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Cabinet Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Commercial Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Residential Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Yale Assure Lock
- Keypad with backlit numbers that won’t wear off – Touchscreen model available
- 9V battery backup terminal
- Manage up to 30 unique codes to share with friends and family
- Weather Protection Gasket
- One-touch locking and keypad wake-up
- Tamper Resistant Battery Cover
- Tamper Alert – audible alarm sounds if there is an attempt to forcibly remove the lock
- Automatically relocks after 30 seconds
- Key Override – Yale KW-1 5-pin brass cylinder supplied, 2 keys provided
- Simple to install on standard doors and replaces your existing lever or knob lock in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Certified ANSI/BHMA A156.36, Grade 2
- Lifetime limited warranty for finish and mechanical, one year electronics
- Works with Yale Access App, available for iOS and Android
- Lock and unlock your door from anywhere
- Auto-unlocks as you approach with your phone
- Control with your voice using Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri*
- Send virtual keys to friends, family and service providers
- See when they’re coming and going
- DoorSense lets you know if your door is open or closed
- Auto Lock ensures your door is always locked when you leave
*Available voice activated features will vary by voice assistant
- YRL216 Pushbutton Lever Lock
- Connect WiFi Bridge
Built for doors that don’t need a deadbolt, the Yale Assure Lever Lock is well suited for side entryways, home to garage doors, basements and most interior doors. The Assure Lever can be used as a standalone keypad lock, or integrated into your smart home network with the included Yale Access Module, using the Yale Access app and connecting to the Connect WiFi bridge (included). This will enable remote management of your smart home or lock, the ability to send virtual keys to friends, family and service providers and see when they’re coming and going all from your smartphone! You will now be able to access your door from anywhere with a WiFi connection. DoorSense lets you know if your door is open or closed. Your door can now auto-unlock as you approach with your phone. The auto lock feature ensures your door is always locked when you leave, relocking automatically after 30 seconds upon closing. You can also control the lock with your voice using Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri! This keyless lock is tamper proof so no key picking or bumping it open, with the added bonus of no more lost keys. If there is an attempt to forcibly remove the lock, an audible alarm will sound. Equipped with a keypad featuring backlit numbers that won’t wear off, you will always be able to enter your code correctly each time. You can create up to 30 codes to share with anyone who needs to gain entry to your door. Press the lock button to wake up your keypad or lock your door. Locked out with no power? Using a 9V battery, you can power the backup terminal on the underside of the lock to give it enough juice to enter your code and your door.
6 1/16 (H) x 2 3/4 (W) x 1 3/8 (D) in.
6 7/8 (H) x 3 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
1 3/4 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Lever Handle Door Locks
4 to 8 Digits
Bluetooth BLE, WiFi
Assure, Yale Home
Privacy, Remote Control, Tamper Alerts
Keypad – Digits
A156.36, Grade 2 (Better)
Grade 2 (Better)
|Battery Temperature Range|
14°F to 131°F
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
5°F to 158°F (-15°C to 70°C)
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Weather Resistant Exterior
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q I want to use this as a rental. Can I change the code via phone and cancel previous code? answer nowAsked by Steve on November 4, 2023 7:27 AMA
Yes! With this lock and the Yale Access app you will be able to create and delete codes remotely.
- Q Does the app send a notification on your phone when the door is unlocked? Or can it be programmed... answer nowAsked by Brandi on March 3, 2023 1:40 PMA
This lock is compatible with multiple apps, each of them has their own feature set. If you'd like to know more please give us a call at 937-247-9327 and someone from our sales team will help get you setup with the correct product for your application!
- Q I was told using the Network Module will support 250 user codes. Why does this page say it only s... answer nowAsked by Paul Healy on February 16, 2023 11:51 AMA
Yale Assure Locks that have the Z-Wave Network Module attached are able to store 250 user codes. If no Network Module is present, the amount of unique codes that can be stored is severely reduced (25-30, depending on the product). This product does not have this capability, though products like the Yale Assure YRL216-ZW2 do.
- Q Can you control this lock remotely with the app? Or does it require an Alexa? answer nowAsked by Erin on January 13, 2023 5:43 PMA
You can control the lock remotely with the app.
- Q Does the “connect by August” come with it or should I order it separately? answer nowAsked by Tim Mullen on April 26, 2022 10:11 PMA
This bundle includes the lock and the Wi-Fi bridge needed to remotely control the device. All you will need is this bundle and a smartphone that can use the app to control it!
- Q Does the YALE ASSURE YRL216-CBA have a passage setting so that you can leave the door unlocked if... answer nowAsked by Tom on October 6, 2021 5:52 PMA
This lock does not offer a passage mode function. However, the auto re-lock setting can be disabled so that the door stays in passage mode after being opened until the door is locked manually.