Yale Assure YRD226
Touchscreen Keypad Deadbolt Lock
- Innovative, tamper-resistant keyless entry security deadbolt
- Sleek, capacitive touchscreen with Voice-Assisted Programming
- Contemporary, high-tech look and feel
- Easy to use, install, and program
- Fast retrofit of traditional deadbolts
- Tapered bolt accommodates mis-aligned doors
- Users — 25, add/delete individually
- Upgrade with a Yale Z-Wave Network Module to add the lock to smart home or alarm systems
- Illuminated touchscreen for night time access
- Battery Operated: 4AA (included). One year battery life; low battery warning
- Deadbolt motor; motorized bolt in and out
- Non-handed, compatible with left and right swinging doors
- Door Conditions: For use on all standard interior and exterior doors
- Adjustable 2-3/8″ or 2-3/4″ Backset
- Key Override: Yale KW-1 5-pin brass cylinder supplied. Optional SC-1 5-pin brass cylinder available upon request. 2 keys provided
- Thin door gasket for doors under 1 3/8″ thick may be special ordered
- 1-year warranty for the original owner for electronics, and lifetime limited warranty for finish and mechanical operation
6 1/16 (H) x 2 3/4 (W) x 1 3/8 (D) in.
6 7/8 (H) x 3 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
1 3/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Keypad – Digits
A156.36, Grade 2 (Better)
Grade 2 (Better)
|Battery Temperature Range|
14°F to 131°F
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-22°F to 140°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
5°F to 158°F
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can I set this lock to automaticlly lock when the door closes and only I can change the setting? answer nowAsked by July 23, 2020 2:54 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes! This lock offers an auto-relock feature that can be set to relock the door 5-30 seconds after being unlocked. This setting can only be enabled or disabled by using the master code.
- Q Hello, i like the mq app for my garage door and want to know if this lock works on the same app f... answer nowAsked by July 10, 2020 12:20 PMonAnswered by the admin
The Yale Assure lock can be controlled by third-party smarthome hubs. The MyQ garage door opener does not have the capability to control other devices.
- Q I need help on connecting my phone to the YRD226 lock. answer nowAsked by June 15, 2020 4:25 PMonAnswered by the admin
This model does not support smartphone connectivity unless a network module is installed and the lock is paired with a smart home controller such as Vera or Alexa.
- Q I had this installed by a vacation rental company, who I no longer use. Can I remove their intern... answer nowAsked by May 19, 2020 6:56 PMonAnswered by the admin
You should certainly be able to with this model as this can be used as a stand-alone lock without internet connectivity.
- Q Where I live in the winter it gets very cold and the summer can get very hot, how well will this ... answer nowAsked by February 16, 2020 7:06 PMonAnswered by the admin
The standard operating temperature for this lock is -22°F to 140°F.
- Q I currently have another lock that looks very similar to this one, it has a name of Arrow ASSA AB... answer nowAsked by January 8, 2020 9:29 PMonAnswered by the admin
Yes, these two units should match up greatly! Yale is now a part of the ASSA ABLOY group and has rebranded the arrow lock under the Yale name.
- Q Can I use the connected by august module made for yale, to make it smart? answer nowAsked by December 29, 2019 6:12 PMonAnswered by the admin
If you are using the YRD226 with the August connect kit, then this would be considered a smart lock that can be controlled from any location. Otherwise. you will typically want the Z-Wave module to pair this unit to a Vera or similar smart hub.
- Q Does the lock have any ability to be programmed to a Lutron caseta system with smart hub or a Hon... answer nowAsked by November 11, 2019 4:49 PMonAnswered by the admin
This lock can be used with an existing smart hub such as Vera or Google Home if you have a Z-Wave module installed in the lock itself (https://www.gokeyless.com/product/yale-z-wave-radio-module/)