Yale Assure YRD226
Touchscreen Keypad Deadbolt Lock
- Innovative, tamper-resistant keyless entry security deadbolt
- Sleek, capacitive touchscreen with Voice-Assisted Programming
- Contemporary, high-tech look and feel
- Easy to use, install, and program
- Fast retrofit of traditional deadbolts
- Tapered bolt accommodates mis-aligned doors
- Users — 25, add/delete individually
- Upgrade with a Yale Z-Wave Network Module to add the lock to smart home or alarm systems
- Illuminated touchscreen for night time access
- Battery Operated: 4AA (included). One year battery life; low battery warning
- Deadbolt motor; motorized bolt in and out
- Non-handed, compatible with left and right swinging doors
- Door Conditions: For use on all standard interior and exterior doors
- Adjustable 2-3/8″ or 2-3/4″ Backset
- Key Override: Yale KW-1 5-pin brass cylinder supplied. Optional SC-1 5-pin brass cylinder available upon request. 2 keys provided
- Thin door gasket for doors under 1 3/8″ thick may be special ordered
- 1-year warranty for the original owner for electronics, and lifetime limited warranty for finish and mechanical operation
6 1/16 (H) x 2 3/4 (W) x 1 3/8 (D) in.
6 7/8 (H) x 3 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
1 3/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Keypad – Digits
A156.36, Grade 2 (Better)
Grade 2 (Better)
|Battery Temperature Range|
14°F to 131°F
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-22°F to 140°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
5°F to 158°F
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Is there a way to set my smartphone to my door lock? What is needed? answer nowAsked by October 9, 2019 11:49 PMonAnswered by the admin
To connect the Yale YRD226 to a smartphone for controlling the lock, you will need to have a Z-Wave network module installed and pair this lock to a smarthub, such as Vera or SmartThings. Otherwise, the YRD446 model ships with a BLE radio preinstalled that will allow you to directly connect your phone to your lock without additional hardware.
- Q I have a schlage keyed lock on one door. Can I key to like that one with the Yale? answer nowAsked by August 27, 2019 2:06 PMonAnswered by the admin
As long as the key alike service is added to the order and the key number of your Schlage lock is provided, we can certainly have this lock keyed prior to it leaving our facilities.
- Q Is there a limit to how many times you can change the code? answer nowAsked by August 18, 2019 9:03 PMonAnswered by the admin
There is no limit to how many times you are able to change the access code of this lock.
- Answered by the admin
This model, in particular, is not able to be paired with an Apple Homekit. If you are looking for a model that can be used with the Homekit, you will need either the Assure YRD256 or Assure Key Free YRD246 with a Yale iM1 Network Module.
- Answered by the admin
To change the batteries on this unit, you will simply need to remove the Phillips head screw affixed at the of the interior unit. Once this screw is backed away, the black battery cover should pull away and allow you to exchange the batteries inside. The unit will take four AA alkaline batteries.
- Q Can you program it to shuffle the location of each number so if someone is watching you unlock yo... answer nowAsked by May 13, 2019 3:07 PMonAnswered by the admin
No, this does not have a scramble pad ability.
- Q Do I need to purchase a separate handle to open the door or does it come with a door knob? answer nowAsked by April 20, 2019 5:52 PMonAnswered by the admin
You would need to purchase a separate passage lever or knob such as the Schlage F10 passage lever.