Yale Assure YRD226-ZW2
Z-Wave Plus Touchscreen Deadbolt
Tap your code and go. Designed for inclusion into IoT networks running Z-Wave — and the lock of choice for Secret Agents — the Yale Assure Touchscreen programs from your smartphone and makes a striking impression. Self installs in about 30 minutes, and locks itself after 30-seconds; useful on days when the caffeine wears off too soon.
- Remotely lock and unlock doors from any web-enabled device
- Receive text or email messages to your cell phone from pre-programmed alerts
- Program user access by date and time
- Customize features such as privacy, language, and re-lock time
- Confirm the status and remaining battery life of your locks remotely
- Audit Capable – View transaction history in real-time
- Innovative, tamper-resistant keyless entry security deadbolt
- Sleek, capacitive touchscreen with Voice-Assisted Programming
- Contemporary, high-tech look and feel
- Easy to use, install, and program
- Fast retrofit of traditional deadbolts
- Tapered bolt accommodates misaligned doors
- Users — 25, add/delete individually
- Enroll up to 250 users when lock is connected to a Z-Wave network
- Illuminated touchscreen for night time access
- One year battery life; low battery warning
- Deadbolt motor; motorized bolt in and out
- Non-handed, compatible with left and right swinging doors
- Door Conditions: For use on all standard interior and exterior doors
- Multiple architectural finishes
- Adjustable Backset: 2 3/8″ or 2 3/4″
- Key Override: Yale KW-1 5-pin brass cylinder supplied. Optional SC-1 5-pin brass cylinder available upon request. 2 keys provided
To call the Assure Z-Wave Plus deadbolt merely a lock misses the mark by a mile. It is much more. Sure it will keep your doorway secure as good or better than any lock. But we like to think of the Yale Real Living deadbolt as a lock with special powers. When connected to a Z-Wave controller — it’s source of higher intelligence — the Yale Z-Wave touchscreen deadbolt brings magic to your home. As any home technology junkie knows, remote control and automation is the ultimate home experience. We’re use to controlling our TV with the remote. With this Z-Wave lock by Yale, you can remotely control access to your home with a few clicks on your smart phone or PC. Imagine monitoring what time the kids come home when you’re catching a movie. Imagine checking to see if your front door, door to garage, or back door is unlocked, and locking your entire house down remotely from your Blackberry or iPhone. You could do this when you’re at work, away on business, at the mall, or on vacation. That’s why this Yale lock is getting talked about as though it could quite possibly be the world’s best remote control home door lock. Not only do you get the convenience of keyless entry, when you integrate this wireless door lock into a Z-Wave home automation system, you can operate the deadbolt remotely. Now when you can’t rush home to be there you can provide a relative or electrician temporary access. You can get text & email notifications when your loved ones arrive. You can setup events when a correct security code is entered at the lock’s keypad. For instance, you could make your living room lights illuminate when you unlock your door. Or maybe you want your security camera pointed at your door to begin recording when your child enters after school. Many of the Z-Wave home automation systems even let you trigger your wireless thermostat to begin cooling or warming once you put in the correct security code. Attend any home show and vendors will line up to show you ten-thousand dollar home automation systems. While incredible to look at, they are usually a little more than you want to spend, and overkill for what most need or want anyway. That’s why Yale Real Living goes to the front of the line for anyone looking for high-end remote security, home monitoring, home control, home automation, and the convenience of a millionaire’s lifestyle. Modest, or mansion, Yale Real Living Z-Wave touchscreen deadbolt locks add value to your home, can be enjoyed and used by any member of your family, and help you sell your residence faster when competing against other design-forward homes in your area.
Reaching back nearly 150 years, Yale is one of the oldest international brands in the world and one of the best-known names in the locking industry. The Yale history captures major innovations that have marked the evolution not just of Yale, but of the entire locking industry.
6 1/16 (H) x 2 3/4 (W) x 1 3/8 (D) in.
6 7/8 (H) x 3 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
4 to 8 Digits
2 3/8 to 2 3/4 in. adjustable
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/4 in. (1 3/8 in. requires special thin door gasket)
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
Self-handed (please hand while in unlocked position)
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Assure, Yale Home
Auto Relocking, Remote Control, Z-Wave Plus
Ring Video Doorbell
Key, Keypad – Digits
A156.36, Grade 2 (Better)
Grade 2 (Better)
|Battery Temperature Range|
14°F to 131°F
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
5°F to 158°F (-15°C to 70°C)
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Weather Resistant Exterior
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q If I install these on my hotel doors, how can I control them all from anywhere (20)? What periphe... answer nowAsked by June 25, 2021 3:22 PMonAnswered by the admin
The locks would need to be connected to a supported Z-Wave hub that has internet access. There are several different options for this such as SmartThings, Ezlo, or Behome247 depending on the features that you desire.
- Q Is this lock weatherproof? I’m needing a lock for a wooden privacy fence for pool safety answer nowAsked by August 14, 2020 7:13 PMonAnswered by the admin
The exterior unit is weather resistant but the interior side is not weather rated. This model is not recommended for gate applications where both sides of the lock are exposed to the elements.
- Q Can this lock be programmed to open at the same time each day, then lock at another time, every d... answer nowAsked by July 9, 2020 7:25 PMonAnswered by the admin
This schedule could only be accomplished if the lock is paired with a smart home system that supports scheduled events, such as Vera. The lock does not have this capability if used as a standalone unit.
- Q I need to reprogram the code,batteries died and need to reprogram for Grandma, she thinks she rem... answer nowAsked by March 30, 2020 3:13 AMonAnswered by the admin
Please follow the below to delete all user codes and set the Master PIN code back to the
1. Remove the batteries and then remove the inside unit to access the reset button.
2. The reset button is located above the PCB cable connector in the center.
3. Hold down the reset button for a minimum of 3 seconds and then reinstall the batteries; once the batteries are properly installed, release the reset button.
4. Reassemble the lock and all features should now be returned to factory default.
- Q Does this come with the door handles too or just the lock itself? answer nowAsked by February 28, 2020 11:21 AMonAnswered by the admin
This model is a deadbolt only to be used in conjunction with your existing handle set.
- Answered by the admin
The Yale YRD Z-Wave lock can only be paired to one Z-Wave hub at a time. However, any number of devices can typically be used to access the smart hub for control of the paired devices.