Yale Assure YRL226-ZW2
Z-Wave Plus Touchscreen Lever Lock
No keys, no problems! The Yale YRL226 electronic touchscreen keypad lever lock provides keyless freedom by using your smartphone. Create and share digital codes for friends and family from anywhere. Program lighting scenarios upon opening your door by connecting to your Z-Wave network.
For more information or ordering assistance, please call our Residential Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 ext 9005
Yale Assure Lock
- Touchscreen keypad with backlit numbers that won’t wear off – Pushbutton model available
- 9V battery backup terminal
- Manage up to 250* unique codes to share with friends and family
- Weather Protection Gasket
- One-touch locking and keypad wake-up
- Tamper Resistant Battery Cover
- Tamper Alert – audible alarm sounds if there is an attempt to forcibly remove the lock
- Automatically relocks after 30 seconds
- Key Override – Yale KW-1 5-pin brass cylinder supplied, 2 keys provided
- Simple to install on standard doors and replaces your existing lever or knob lock in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Certified ANSI/BHMA A156.36, Grade 2
- Lifetime limited warranty for finish and mechanical, one year electronics
*When connected to a Z-Wave controller, 25 user codes when standalone
Smart Home Ready
- Z-Wave Plus module installed
- Enroll into a Z-Wave controller and alarm systems for remote management
- Receive notifications on your smartphone when someone unlocks your door right on your smartphone*
- Compatible with Ring, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Iris, Vera, BeHome247 and more
*Assure Lock must be paired to compatible Z-Wave controller or alarm panel
Built for doors that don’t need a deadbolt, the Yale Assure Lever Lock is well suited for side entryways, home to garage doors, basements and most interior doors. The Assure Lever can be used as a standalone keypad lock, or integrated into your smart home network with the included Z-Wave Network Module installed in the lock and connecting to a Z-Wave controller. Compatible with Ring, Vera, BeHome247, Iris, Samsung SmartThings, Wink and more! This will enable remote management of your smart home or lock, and for you to receive alerts on your smartphone from anywhere. If there is an attempt to forcibly remove the lock, an audible alarm will sound. Equipped with a touchscreen keypad featuring backlit numbers that won’t wear off, you will always be able to enter your code correctly each time. You can create up to 250 codes when connected to a Z-Wave controller(25 when standalone) to share with anyone who needs to gain entry to your door. The lock is set to automatically relock in 30 seconds upon closing. Press the lock button to wake up your keypad or lock your door. Locked out with no power? Using a 9V battery, you can power the backup terminal on the underside of the lock to give it enough juice to enter your code and your door or use the keyed override with two keys included.
Benefits of Z-Wave Plus vs. Classic Z-Wave
- Latest advancements in Chip Technology
- Equipped with latest “Next Gen” hardware
- Enhanced security features
- Improved RF range +39%
- Improved battery life +30%
- Lock will be enrolled with “One Button Enrollment” feature
This is a Z-Wave device that can be controlled remotely by connecting it to one of these systems.
Home Automation is a style of living. It is about always being connected to the home you love. These systems* allow you to control your connected home devices such as door locks, thermostats, lights, motion sensors, cameras, water sensors, and more, all remotely from a computer or smartphone.
*Also works with Samsung SmartThings, Ring, Wink, Iris, ADT Pulse, Alarm.com, Honeywell, HomeSeer, LG Smart Security, Staples’ Connect, Harmony by Logitech, and many more.
Strengthen your Z-Wave network with a Signal Repeater
Looking to use voice commands to lock your door with Amazon Alexa? Simply pair the Yale wireless lock to the VeraPlus controller and then enable the Vera skill inside the Alexa app. Speak “Alexa, lock the front door” to your Amazon Echo or Dot, and Vera will lock the door. Cool part is you can add electronic switches, Z-Wave LED bulbs, remote control outlets and other devices to create groups in Alexa for automating certain routines you manually do every day, like turning the lights off and locking the doors when you go to bed at night.
*Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
6 1/16 (H) x 2 3/4 (W) x 1 3/8 (D) in.
6 7/8 (H) x 3 (W) x 2 1/8 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
1 3/4 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Lever Handle Door Locks
4 to 8 Digits
Remote Control, Z-Wave Plus
Key, Keypad – Digits
A156.36, Grade 2 (Better)
Grade 2 (Better)
|Battery Temperature Range|
14°F to 131°F
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
5°F to 158°F (-15°C to 70°C)
|Storage Temperature Range|
-40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
1 Year Electronic, Limited Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Weather Resistant Exterior
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can I changes codes and receive notifications from a different country the lock was installed? answer nowAsked by August 9, 2022 7:52 PMonA
This lock is designed to operate on the U.S. standard Z-Wave frequency and will only operate properly with a hub that is also set to U.S frequency. However, once installed, you would be able to control the lock from anywhere that you have an internet connection. If the lock will be installed in another country, you would need to purchase a lock that operates on the correct frequency for that region.
- Q If I already have a Ring Pro door bell, do I need anything else for remote operation from my i-Ph... answer nowAsked by March 14, 2022 10:26 AMonA
This lock will require a Ring Alarm to be able to pair the lock to your Ring app.
- Q Can the door be left unlocked? Does it have to relock in 30 seconds? answer nowAsked by February 27, 2022 5:09 PMonA
Aut0-relock can be disabled so this lock will remain unlocked.
- Q Can the handle be reversed for left or right hand opening door? answer nowAsked by November 24, 2021 11:13 AMonA
Yes, these are universally handed and can be installed on a left or right handed door.
- Q Will this fit below a deadbolt with standard 6" handle/deadbolt separation? answer nowAsked by November 14, 2021 2:20 PMonA
That may be a tight fit. This lock was designed for a single-hole doors and measures 6 7/8" inches on the interior at its highest.
- Q Is the latch a standard 60 degree turn or 28 degree? Can it be modified to 28 degree if not? answer nowAsked by September 20, 2021 1:51 AMonA
The latch retracts at the standard 60 degrees of rotation and cannot be adjusted.
The ZigBee module is sold separately but the lock is compatible. We would recommend purchasing the YRL226-NR version that does not include a Z-Wave module, then purchasing the AYR202-ZB-HA ZigBee module separately.