August Smart Lock Pro with Z-Wave Plus
Smart Lock Conversion Kit
- Keyless entry for your smart home through Bluetooth or Z-Wave and free August App
- Lock and unlock your door with your phone while giving keyless access to family and guests
- Stop hiding keys – send guest keys from anywhere straight from the August app
- Be sure it’s locked – with August’s proprietary DoorSense™ and Auto-Lock technologies, you’ll know your door is both closed and locked
- Know who is coming and going – track activity at your door with 24/7 activity feed so you know when loved ones get home
- Locks automatically – August’s products are designed to give you peace of mind with their Auto-Lock technology, you’ll never need to worry if your door is locked again
- Unlocks automatically – utilizing Bluetooth connectivity, your door will conveniently unlock as you approach
- Easily attaches to the existing deadbolt so you can also use your regular keys
- Works with most single-cylinder deadbolts
Z-Wave Plus and Bluetooth Support
- Apple HomeKit and Siri
- Amazon Echo and Alexa*
- Google Home and Assistant*
- Nest, Airbnb, HomeAway and more
*Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant requires August Connect
The August Smart Lock Pro is a Z-Wave enabled smart lock conversion kit that replaces your existing deadbolt’s interior. Once paired with the free August App, you can not only lock and unlock your door with a tap on your smartphone, but give access permissions to family, friends, and sitters to do so as well. The app will also track door activity for you, so you always know who is going in or out of your home. An auto-locking feature can be enabled so that you and your guests never have to worry about forgetting to lock the door. Conversely, the auto-unlocking feature allows for guests with the app to unlock the door automatically when they enter Bluetooth proximity, totally hands free. While the app can completely replace your keys, you and guests may still use them as normal as the Smart Lock Pro pairs with your existing deadbolt.
The August Smart Lock Pro is able to retrofit with most single-cylinder deadbolts, but not mortise, rim cylinder or interconnected locks.
3.39 (H) x 3.39 (W) x 2.22 (L) in.
Bluetooth BLE, Z-Wave Plus
Android 5.0 or later with Bluetooth 4.0, iOS 10 or later
Activity Monitoring, Auto Relocking, Auto Unlocking, Bluetooth, Remote Control, Scheduling, Status Monitoring, Z-Wave Plus
Limited 2 Year
Customer Questions & Answers
This does not go on the outside of the door. It actually replaces the interior thumb turn of your current deadbolt so it would not be exposed to the weather.
The August smart lock runs on batteries and if the batteries die you can use the key override on the lock to open the door. If you lose power to the home because the lock works on batteries it will not be affected aside from the loss of internet connection. The lock will still operate with the phone and app within range of the phone.