CompX RegulatoR REG-S-V
Electronic Push Button Cabinet Lock
Rated 3.33 out of 5Reviews (3) | Customer Questions (4)
- Vertical Mount
For more information or ordering assistance, please call our Cabinet Project Specialists at 877-439-5377
- Self-locking, featuring SlamCAM
- Spacers provide additional latching dimensions. Packaged with (4) spacers – 1/16″, 1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″
- CONVENIENT external battery installation/removal — Tamper proof screw
- Low battery indicator
- Three cylinder lengths – 7/16″, 1-3/16″, 1-3/4″
- Door/Material Thickness: 1/8” to 1-7/16″
- Easy to clean membrane keypad
- 1 user code and 1 supervisor code
- Battery Powered: 2 AAA included
- Uses 3/4″ mounting hole, easy to install
- Vertical Mount: Installs on wood or metal cabinet doors
- Custom colors available
Created by CompX, makers of the National, Fort, Timberline, and Chicago brands of traditional cabinet locks, RegulatoR represents their latest solution for pushing better security to cabinet applications in the healthcare, school, laboratory, and office furniture markets. Offered in self-locking, and manual-locking versions, RegulatoR installs easily on new or retrofit cabinet and locker doors. This self-locking model solves the problem facilities face with cabinets not staying locked. It features SlamCAM, a spring loaded latch, which locks the door upon the user closing it — unlike manually locking cabinet locks, there is no need to turn the key, or rotate the knob to the locked position. Made in America, RegulatoR is a great place to start for updating cabinets to keyless access. The strong housing, made from diecast solid zinc, the easy to clean membrane keypad, and extended battery life — 5 times what's commonly found in comparable products — all translate into a superior, easy to use, and easy to maintain cabinet lock. Learning RegulatoR takes just minutes, and the adjustment over to keyless locking is no more difficult that remembering a code, something we all do now for accessing our mobile devices or online banking. The next time cabinet keys turn up missing, or another door is left open, remove your current locks and replace them with RegulatoR. You will lighten risks for loss, reduce costs for restoring security, and promote a safer work environment, certain to have the approval of supervisors, and staff. While not as architecturally appealing as the more sophisticated Stealthlock from CompX, which is designed for high-end cabinets where aesthetics rules supreme, RegulatoR is sure to elevate the look of your cabinets, while giving you a higher-level of protection for the contents inside. Even though you can't completely eliminate defeating a cabinet's security, RegulatoR makes it exponentially more difficult to do so, and removes the severe vulnerabilities someone will take advantage of to breach one in the first place.
Keypad – Digits
CompX, CompX RegulatoR
|Cylinder Length (In.)|
1 3/16 in., 1 3/4 in., 7/16 in.
5 3/8 (H) x 1 1/2 (W) x 11/16 (D) in.
4 to 8 Digits
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can this be installed on a cabinet in addition to an already installed key lock? i.e there would ... answer nowAsked by Machelle on May 24, 2021 2:42 PMA
This can certainly be used along with another lock on the same door but the additional holes would need to be drilled for mounting. Each lock would be operated independently.
- Q Does latch turn spring back to lock position? answer nowAsked by Tracy on August 21, 2017 12:10 PMA The latch will return to the locked position as it is spring loaded once you open the door.
- Q Can latch go either right or left? answer nowAsked by Tracy on August 21, 2017 12:00 PMA The regulator locks come packaged without the latch assembled allowing you to install your lock and latch with right or left handing depending on your cabinet or locker door.
- Q are these locks water proof answer nowAsked by Leslie on February 3, 2017 8:14 AMA
While they are not considered waterproof you are able to clean them as they have an easy to clean surface membrane. If you are looking for something to be used in an area such as a pool with greater water exposure we would recommend the Locke EC-781.
Jay (verified owner) –
I just installed this lock on a custom cabinet I built. It took a little bit of effort to set the product up because the instructions are a little hard to follow.
But now that it’s set up, I’m very happy with the build quality and look and feel. I’m happy with the value I got for the price I paid and would buy another one for a similar application.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Alvin Peyton (verified owner) –
I bought this lock about 4 years ago for a secure pick up box for my business. It has been perfect. The only reason I purchased a new one is to have it ready should I need to replace my original.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Gabby from New York –
Thanks so much for all of the help you gave us in finding a lock for our spa lockers. The lock was simple to install and very user friendly. This has made our lives a lot easier by cutting out all of the lost key issues we were having. I am huge on customer service in my own business and it was an absolute pleasure to deal with your team. Thanks again!
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch