dormakaba ED50 Touchless Kit
Low Energy Operator with Touchless Actuators
Automate your access. The dormakaba ED50 Touchless Kit provides hands-free, contactless activation of doors by pairing the low energy Dorma ED50 Swing Door Operator and the intuitive RCI 910TC Touchless Switch. This duo creates an automatic, touchless access point for restrooms and similar interior swing door applications.
This bundle includes Dorma ED50 Swing Door Operator (1) and RCI 910TC Touchless Switch (2)
ED50 Swing Door Operator
- Low energy medium-duty swing door operator for interior swing doors
- Integrated hardware power supply and relay, allowing for seamless control of security hardware
- Built-in door position status, indicating door open or door closed
- Close and latch in case of power loss (adjustable closing speed on loss of power)
- Hardware pre-load functionality for reliable operation
- Built-in interface for connection to any access control system
- Ultra quiet operation
- Smoke evacuation system (Blow-Open)
- The operators can be installed as push versions with standard arms or pull versions with a slide channel
- Mounting plate installation provides a simple one-person install process with easy electrical hookup and without heavy lifting
RCI 910TC Touchless Switch
- Unique low-profile touchless actuator plate utilizing capacitive technology for the activation of automatic doors
- Ideal for Commercial centers, Industrial buildings, Educational facilities, Retail outlets, Health care facilities and Office complexes
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Hands-free – helps reduce the spread of germs and bacteria
- Adjustable detection zone to reduce unwanted activations
- When the device is activated, the indicator light (waving hand) will change color
- Secondary Normally Open (NO) mechanical switch in the event of a power loss
- Selectable unlock times (1-63 seconds)
- Mounts on single-gang electrical box
- FCC compliant
- ISED compliant
- Optional Remote Access Kit allows for wireless remote operation of 910TC Touchless Switch
- 1 to 3 years remote battery life, based on frequency of use
- 100ft. remote wireless range with clear line of sight
Dorma ED50 Swing Door Operator
The Dorma ED50 Swing Door Operator provides low energy, barrier free access to your doors. Suitable for hospital, retail, and commercial doors that see heavy foot traffic daily. Operation is whisper quiet with a stylish ultra slim profile. Field-adjustable at the flip of a switch and packed with adjustable features, this door closer meets opening requirements with ease. Performs and responds with intelligent controls in high wind conditions. With a built-in connection interface, the ED50 integrates into any existing or new access control system. ADA compliant operation can be achieved using various wall switches, sensors, and remote control and further can be incorporated into building security entry requirements. Barrier-free operation with the ED50 provides unhindered automated access for people with disabilities.
RCI 910TC Touchless Switch with Remote Transmitter and Receiver
The RCI 910TC Touchless Switch with Remote Transmitter and Receiver provides hands-free, contactless switch activation of automatic doors. Includes 910TC-WRM Remote Receiver Module and 910TC-WRB Remote Transmitter to access the switch remotely. Featuring selectable unlock times up to 63 seconds, adjustable detection zone to reduce unwanted activations and secondary mechanical switch when loss of power occurs. Ideal applications include commercial centers, industrial buildings, educational facilities, retail outlets, health care facilities and office complexes. Touchless devices greatly reduce the transmission of germs since no contact is required for access. Ideal for use in heavy traffic areas with remotely controlled doors. The waving hand symbol will change to blue once the device has been activated.
220.46 lbs. (100kg)
28 to 48 in.
Left Hand, Right Hand
1 to 3 Years
Up to 2 in.
Clear Anodized, Dark Bronze
Dorma, dormakaba, RCI
5° to 122°F (-15° to +50°C)
115 volts AC ± 10%, 50/60 Hz
21.8 lbs (9.9 kg)
|Max. Opening Angle|
|Operating Humidity Maximum|
0–93% relative humidity
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Is there a standard warranty that comes with the Dormakaba ED50 Touchless kit? answer nowAsked by January 10, 2022 1:50 PMonA
The ED50 has a 2 year warranty from date of shipment. See full warranty information here.
- Q Does this come with electric specs for the electrician to install? answer nowAsked by September 13, 2020 3:25 AMonA
This opening kit is shipped with all documentation needed to install the devices.