Kevo Convert Smart Lock Conversion Kit
Keep your existing deadbolt but lose it's keys! Kevo Convert is a smart lock conversion kit. It uses your existing deadbolt and turns it into a smart lock in minutes! No hardwiring. No more missing or lost keys. Know when loves ones arrive safely at home. Stay connected while away on vacation. Perfect for short term rentals and apartments. Get keyless home entry with your existing lock!
Kevo Convert Smart Lock Features
- 30 Second Auto Re-lock
- Send and manage eKeys via your smartphone for anytime access, scheduled access and 24 hour guest access
- eKeys available using Kevo mobile app – now FREE
- Receive notifications and view usage history
- Works with other smart devices – Amazon Alexa (Echo/Dot), Nest thermostat, Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostat and Ring Wi-Fi and Skybell Video doorbells
- Military grade PKI encryption
- Patent pending positioning technology security feature automatically detects if you are inside your home to prevent unauthorized access
- Compatible with iPhone 4S or higher and select Android 5.0 or higher devices
- Requires 4 AA Batteries – included
- 1 year lock battery life, multiple warning messages before battery change
- Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty
- 1 year electronic warranty to the original residential user
Types of eKeys
- Guest eKey: This free eKey allows you to give your Guest unrestricted access for a 24 hour period and will then be automatically deleted. If this eKey is not used within 24 hours after the eKey has been sent, it will expire. Guest eKeys are unlimited and can be sent to the same person or different people each time.
- Scheduled eKey: This eKey allows you to pre-set time constraints for the recipient. You control the days and the time of the week when the eKey will be active. This eKey never expires and can be reassigned from one person to the next as a Scheduled or Anytime eKey.
- Anytime eKey: You can send this eKey to anyone, anywhere, anytime. This eKey never expires and can be reassigned from one person to the next as an Anytime or Scheduled eKey.
Benefits of eKeys
- Each eKey is unique and assigned specifically to a Kevo user and Kevo lock
- An eKey can be shared digitally in a few clicks
- You are in full control of who receives an eKey. There are no more unknown copies of the keys to your home
- An eKey cannot be duplicated, unlike a physical key
- Using Kevo’s lock management system helps you track all eKey users at a glance
- You can temporarily disable or completely delete any unwanted users from Kevo
- With Scheduled eKeys, you can control the day/time when someone has access to your home
- With free and unlimited Guest eKeys, you can give your Guests unrestricted, 24-hour access
- eKeys capacity: Unlimited
Lock and Unlock from Your Smartphone
No dumb locks at our house! The Kevo Convert conversion kit easily replaces your current lock’s interior hardware only & installs in minutes. Use your phone to lock or unlock your Kevo Convert within Bluetooth range. Your current lock’s exterior hardware stays the same. No additional installation required.
YOUR SMARTPHONE IS NOW YOUR KEY
Open the Kevo app and control your door with a click on the screen. No more fumbling for your keys.
NO SMARTPHONE? NO PROBLEM
Purchase the full lock solution Kevo 2nd Gen. Touch-to-Open Smart Lock and have the ability to use fobs as well.
KEVO MOBILE APP
Kevo includes a free mobile app which is used for initial setup, sending, disabling and deleting eKeys, viewing history of smart lock activity, and setting up other configurable features and options. The Kevo App must be opened to lock/unlock the Kevo Convert lock. Available for download at the Apple App Store for iOS devices* or Google Play for Andriod devices**. *Available for Apple iPhone 4s and newer only **Available for select Andriod 5.0 Lollipop devices
KEVO UPGRADE OPPORTUNITY
Once your Kevo arrives and you’ve setup your account, go to mykevo.com and max out what Kevo can do by upgrading to Kevo Plus ($99.99) with the Kevo Plus Bluetooth Gateway. When you connect the Kevo Plus gateway to your lock, the Kevo app turns on added features for managing access, as well as giving you true remote lock and unlocking.
- Respond to emergencies by giving a neighbor access to your home
- Never wonder if your door is locked or unlocked
- Let friends & guests into your home remotely
- Know when home service providers enter & leave
- Remotely secure doors left unlocked
5.75 (H) x 2.75 (W) x 2 (D) in.
|Door Stile Width||
Minimum 3 in.
Bluetooth, Audit Trail, Remote Control, Scheduling
1 Year Electronic, Lifetime Finish & Mechanical
Kwikset’s latest update for their Kevo smart lock, adds a new Kevo skill for Amazon Alexa. Now you can lock, unlock, and check the status of your Kevo locks using only your voice. The smart lock just got smarter.
How Does it Work?
Enabling the Kevo skill and linking your Kevo smart lock account to your device with Alexa gives voice control to your door locks. Once you link your accounts, you can issue voice commands to Alexa like:
Alexa, ask Kevo to list my locks.
Alexa, ask Kevo to check the status of my front door.
Alexa, ask Kevo to lock my front door.
Alexa, ask Kevo to unlock my front door.
*Note, when you connect your Kevo smart lock to Amazon Alexa you are required to set up and speak a 4-12 digit pin for additional security. In testing, we found that you can also whisper your pin to Alexa to prevent your pin from being overheard, increasing security.
Is it safe?
Your Kevo and Kevo Plus already feature unmatched smart lock security. With military-grade PKI encryption and inside-outside technology protecting the digital experience and the latest SmartKey security protecting the mechanical cylinder, you can feel safe with a Kevo smart lock on your door. For more on the security technology in your Kevo smart lock please visit the Kevo security page.
If you do choose to use Alexa to unlock your Kevo, be sure to set a secure 4-12 digit pin code. 1…2…3…4, your birthday, or your ATM pin code aren’t the most secure choices. Remember, you’ll be saying this aloud, or whispering quietly, to unlock your Kevo using Alexa, so your pin should be easy to remember but also unique to your device with Amazon Alexa.
Kevo 2nd Gen Smart Lock, Kevo Plus and Echo/Dot
Kevo Convert requires you to open the app to lock/unlock.
Blackberry and Windows platforms are not supported at this time.
What is an eKey?
An eKey is an encrypted electronic key that can be sent to friends and family with Kevo-compatible smartphones. It works just like your existing mechanical key but resides on your Smartphone. Kwikset is pleased to announce that eKeys will be completely free of charge starting February 1, 2017. Please note that refunds are not available for eKeys purchased prior to February 1st, 2017.
Each eKey is unique and assigned specifically to a Kevo user. In order to guarantee the best security, sharing of eKeys is not available at this time.
What are the different eKey types?
Owner eKey: When you set up your phone to work with the lock your phone will automatically receive the only owner eKey.
Admin eKey: have full access to the lock, the lock’s history, and its notifications in addition to being able to send, edit, or delete eKeys with the exception of the Owner.
Anytime eKey: are able to lock or unlock the lock.
Blackberry and Windows platforms are not supported.
Customer Questions & Answers
Answered by the admin The typical residential deadbolt throw is a 1 inch. However, it is tough to determine the exact prep your door has from the description. We would suggest reaching out to our professional sales representatives who will be able to curate the door to be able to determine the exact lock that will fit your needs and prep. They can be reached at 937-247-9327 option 1