Kwikset SmartCode 917
Traditional Electronic Keypad with Tustin Lever
Be smart about your security. The Kwikset SmartCode 917 provides keyless entry with impeccable style. Designed with the highest residential security grade to keep your home protected. Best uses include home office doors, laundry rooms, interior garage doors and more.
For more information or ordering assistance, please call our Residential Product Specialists at 877-439-5377
- Ideal for Home offices, side doors, interior garage doors, storage closets, rental properties and more
- Traditional style with Tustin lever – Contemporary style with Halifax lever available
- Reversible lever
- 30 user codes and one programming code for lock management
- Programmable one-time user code for emergencies, which deletes after first usage
- Passage mode
- Disable passage
- Disable keypad for privacy
- SmartKey Security to protect against advanced break-in techniques
- BHMA Class AAA Highest Residential Rating
- UL Fire rating for 20 minutes
- 3-year battery life
Note: This product replaces the discontinued Kwikset SmartCode 911.
The Kwikset SmartCode 917 provides keyless entry with impeccable style. Designed with the highest residential security grade to keep your home protected. Best uses include home office doors, laundry rooms, interior garage doors and more. Featuring Auto-lock, passage mode, and the ability to disable passage and the keypad for privacy. The Auto-lock feature can be enabled to automatically lock your door behind you after a preset amount of time, perfect for times when you have your hands full. Passage mode enables guests to freely access your door during a party or gathering without having to enter the code each time. Disabling Passage mode is useful for property managers to set the lock to auto-lock every time with a key or code always required for entry. This ensures temporary staff or caretakers do not forget to lock utility rooms or other restricted areas of your home or rental property. Up to 30 user codes can be used with the lock, so pass them out to friends, family or the cable repairman. All lock management can be done using the programming code. The programming code enables you to make changes without needing to access the interior program button. If enabled, just press the Kwikset button on the lock and make your changes. Kwikset’s patented Smartkey security function helps protect against advanced break-in techniques. It’s time to bid farewell to keys and go keyless with the Kwikset Smartcode 917.
5 5/32 (H) x 5 19/32 (W) x 3 3/32 (D) in.
5 3/8 (H) x 5 5/8 (W) x 2 29/32 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
1 3/4 in.
4 to 8 Digits
Front body: Weather Resistant
|Outside Operating Temperature Range|
-40°F to 150°F
|Inside Operating Temperature Range|
32°F to 130°F
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 4 in.
Auto Relocking, Auto Unlocking, Passage Mode, Privacy, Tamper Alerts
Keypad – Digits
Kwikset Recodeable (KW1)
Grade 2 (Better)
1 Year Electronic, Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Continue as a Guest
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Does this unit have any Bluetooth capability? answer nowAsked by January 1, 2023 4:08 PMonA
No, this lock is not Bluetooth compatible.
- Q I have a standard keyed door knob on my interior garage door. Does this lock replace the existing... answer nowAsked by April 28, 2022 7:45 PMonA
This model would replace your standard door knob for PIN code or keyed entry. The SmartCode 917 includes both the exterior and interior handles.
- Q Can this be used on an exterior door, subject to theweather? answer nowAsked by February 1, 2022 5:14 PMonA
This lock is weather resistant.
- Q How do you change the battery? answer nowAsked by August 26, 2021 4:01 PMon
- Q Can this be keyed to match other Kwikset locks in the house? answer nowAsked by August 14, 2021 3:39 PMonA
Yes, it certainly can be rekeyed to match your existing Kwikset keys!
- Q My Lock did not come with directions in English. answer nowAsked by December 30, 2020 2:48 PMonA
Please use the link below to download a copy of the Smartcode 917 manual for your records.
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.