Combination Deadbolt Lock
The original “Digital Door Lock”, there are some 30 years old and still going strong. With a built-in deadbolt and free-spinning stainless steel core shaft that cannot be cut, this hearty lock gives off a German-engineered like vibe and ensures maximum security and total mechanical reliability.
- Deadbolt Security
- Easy Installation
- Fully mechanical
- Can replace existing deadbolt
- Easy to change combination
- Changeable handing
- Double Combination Available
- Key Override Available (2210 KO)
- Adjustable Deadbolt
- Covers standard 2 1/8″ hole
- Extension kit for doors up to 5″ thick available
- Weatherproof performance
- Manufacturer warranty
- Residential Entry Doors
- Garage Doors
- Commercial Doors
5 5/8 (H) x 1 5/8 (W) x 1 5/8 (D) in.
|Total Coverage with Trim Plates|
6 1/2 (H) x 2 1/2 (W) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/16 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 11/64 in.
3 to 5 Characters
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Through-Bolt Hole(s)
Keypad – Digits
Customer Questions & Answers
Yes, in order to change the code the lock must be removed from the door so the code pins can be changed.
- Q how many possible combinations are there? i count 14 buttons. how many are required for a combina... answer nowA
While you can have thousands of different codes, you can only use one code at a time and it must be between 3 - 5 digits in length.
- Q Is the reviewer (Mark G) above correct in saying that the order of the combination does not matter? answer nowA
Correct, the order does not matter as these are mechanical locks and not electronic so they do not use number sequencing.
- Q Does this lock have a key override available and can it be left open without having to enter the ... answer nowAYes, you can purchase the 2210KO version for the key override. As for passage, it is a deadbolt so you can keep it unlocked, however, if you lock it you must re-enter your code as there is no way to disable the use of a code.
- Q I'm thinking to replace my home front door lock with a keyless. I worry if anything need to be do... answer nowA
With this specific lock the installation requires that you drill an additional 5/16" top mount hole above your existing deadbolt hole. This allows the lock to be fully secured to the door. If you do not wish to drill any additional hole we would recommend the M210 in the EZ mount version. This will allow you to install it like a traditional deadbolt with no extra holes to drill.
- Q Why 2 pads, 1 for outside, deadbolt for inside? What does 'mechanical' mean, no battery? I'm new ... answer nowA
We are glad you contacted us. You came to the right place. The front pad has the push buttons where you will enter your code. The back of the lock matches the front but without the push buttons and has a turn-piece to project and retract the deadbolt. Mechanical just means there are no wires providing power to the lock like there would be with an electric lock such as maglock, or electric strike, and that there are no batteries like you would find in an electronic lock.