Lockey SUMO SGL-DS
Double Sided Gravity Latch
You can’t defy gravity, but the Lockey SUMO SGL-DS Double Sided Gravity Latch provides a heavy-duty solution for your next gate lock. This pull-to-open double sided latch features an unguided, advanced catching system with two independent latching hooks to make locking and unlocking a simple but effective routine. No matter what style of gate you use at home or the office, there’s a good chance this gravity latch lock will do the job.
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Commercial Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
- Heavy duty two sided gate latch (we have single sided models available as well!)
- Advanced catching system with two independent latching hooks
- Simple pull-to-open functionality
- Easy installation with vertical or horizontal adjustment
- Perfect for metal, vinyl, and wood gates (not recommended for chain link fences)
- Minimum Post Size: 1 1/2 in.
- Maximum Post Size: 5 in.
- Minimum Gate Gap: 1/2 in.
- Maximum Gate Gap: 1 1/4 in.
- Ideal Gate Gap: 3/4 in.
- Comes with two keys
- Need new keys? It’s rekeyable!
- Dependable and built to last for years of use
- Comparable to the D&D Technologies LokkLatch gravity latch
The Lockey SUMO SGL-DS Double Sided Gravity Latch provides a heavy-duty solution to secure your gate, yet it’s incredibly simple to install and adjust. Whether your post is somewhere between 1 1/2 to 5 inches, or you need to install horizontally instead of vertically, this double sided latch works with nearly any gate.
All you need is a couple of brackets, a drill, and a screwdriver, and you’ll be able to install the lightweight SGL-DS gravity latch in a manner of minutes. It comes with two keys so you and members of your staff or family can quickly access or lock up for the night, and its cylinders are rekeyable in case you ever need to change the locks.
Use this tamper-proof gravity-latch lock for metal or wood gates to protect:
For decades, Lockey has offered a vast selection of door and gate security hardware to provide security and convenience to commercial and residential customers. Today, their highest-selling products include mechanical keyless locks, electronic keyless locks, keyless gate locks, hydraulic gate closers, and panic hardware.
Gravity latch locks like the Lockey SUMO SGL-DS Double Sided Gravity Latch work by holding the arm inside the catch through the power of gravity. They’re ideal for residential homes, apartment buildings, offices, schools, stores, or hospitals. Put the power of gravity to work and secure your gates with this heavy-duty double sided latch today.
5.75 (H) x 3.75 (W) x 1.5 (D) in.
|Minimum Post Size|
1 1/2 in.
|Maximum Post Size|
1/2 to 1 1/4 in.
Manufacturer Limited Lifetime
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
What others are saying
Continue as a Guest
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q When the lock is in the unlocked position will the gate still latch? answer nowAsked by March 21, 2023 9:53 AMonA
This product features passage mode, which will allow the gate to be latched and still unlocked at the same time. To properly utilize this feature, please refer to the user manual for the product!
- Q Is it bolted on with "Security" type of Bolts? what makes it secure so that it cannot be unbolted? answer nowAsked by January 25, 2022 11:28 AMonA
This is mounted on brackets with Phillips head screws. Some screws are not accessible while the gate is locked making this very difficult to remove.
- Q Will this work with a double gate setup? answer nowAsked by October 18, 2021 6:43 PMonA
We would not recommend this model for a double gate setup as the locking bar may not latch properly if the latch hooks are not on a stationary post when the gate is closing.
- Q Will this work on a chain link gate? answer nowAsked by September 8, 2021 3:05 PMonA
Unfortunately, this model is not recommended for chain link fences.
- Q Once inside the pool area, do you need a key to exit the gate? Or can it just be pushed to open, ... answer nowAsked by June 11, 2021 8:49 PMonA
The key is used to toggle the latch between locked and unlocked. When in the unlocked state, a key is not required to operate the latch and exit.
- Q Can this be used on wood gates? answer nowAsked by March 5, 2021 10:20 AMonA
This lock can be used on wood, vinyl, or metal gates!
- Q Can the lock have a keyed on both sides.? For entering and for exiting the fenced area. answer nowAsked by August 19, 2020 11:39 AMonA
This unit does feature a key cylinder on both sides of the unit.
- Q Can you only pull it to open or push as well? answer nowAsked by July 3, 2020 10:14 PMonA
The locking mechanism is pull only.
- Q I see that the minimum post size is 1.5 inches. What is the Maximum? answer nowAsked by June 30, 2020 7:03 PMonA
The maximum post thickness for this model is 5 inches.
- Q What materials are used to make the locks? answer nowAsked by June 20, 2020 10:41 AMonA
The lock is made with non-rusting: polymers, aluminum, and stainless steel.
EB (verified owner) –
Using this for an interior gate. Does the job. Sturdy and robust lock. Works great!
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Barry Fantich (verified owner) –
The key part of the lock doesn’t feel very strong and the other side is hard to push. I hope it holds up.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch