Receptionist Button / Rocker Switch
- 909S surface mounted (shown)
- Ideal for desk mount applications
- Momentary action – holding button down energizes the remote release, releasing button sends contacts back to normal mode
- Surface-mount under desk or counter for concealment
- Smooth-action rocker with engraved key symbol
- Beige housing
Receptionist's desk push button. Mount underside, or on top of desk. May also be mounted to wall, or on the floor. You can wire this directly into a number of our stand-alone electronic locks, for example the Trilogy (excluding Trilogy narrow stile) and E-Plex products. To setup remote release for the Trilogy locks for example you can do either one of two things:
- Simply run wire (20 or 22 gauge) from terminals 3 and 4 in the Trilogy lock back to the 909. The batteries inside the lock provide the power to momentarily close the switch and unlock the door when you or someone pushes the 909 button
- Second option - this is for when you have decided to hardwire in your lock vs. use its batteries for power. You can run power - through the switch (909) and then into the lock. You will need a power supply/transformer that is compatible with the lock. When the 909 is pushed, it will interrupt power, releasing the lock/door.
(In either of the above you will feed your wire from the 909 through the door frame and then into the channel or conduit inside the door, and then to the lock. Should your door not be pre-channeled, you can create a small channel along the edge of the door and then fill in the trough with putty or wood filler. To avoid the wire from being clipped between the door and door frame you will need a door loop cord)You may also use the 909 to fire an electric strike, which would release the door. In this scenario, you will use a power supply that is compatible with the electric strike, and run the wiring from the power supply through the 909, and into the strike.
2 3/8 (H) x 2 3/8 (W) in.
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Where can I get a wiring diagram for connecting 2 receptionist switches to a single door? answer nowAsked by Chris Garvin on March 26, 2018 1:20 PMA You will need to contact our support team and they will be able to point you in the right direction. They can be reached at 937.247-9327 option 3.
- Q DOES RCI 909s MO come with battery oepration function so we do not have to wire it? answer nowAsked by millie on August 8, 2017 3:13 PMAnswered by the adminNo, it is not a wireless release. If you need a wireless release you can purchase the MS Sedco wireless release kit. The receiver will have to be wired at the door for power.