Schlage Encode BE489WB CAM
Smart WiFi Deadbolt with Camelot Trim
$388.26 – $407.89
Unlock the future! Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt with Camelot Trim lets you ditch the keys and embrace smart access. With built-in WiFi, control your deadbolt from anywhere using your smartphone. Share up to 100 access codes effortlessly with the Schlage Home app or Key by Amazon app. It’s time to outsmart keys and enjoy seamless security at your fingertips!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Cabinet Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Commercial Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
Need assistance or have questions? Call our Residential Product Specialists at 877-439-5377 for more information and ordering assistance. We’re here to help!
- Smart WiFi Deadbolt with Camelot Trim – Century trim available
- Built-in WiFi allows you to lock/unlock from anywhere
- Set up guest access codes for recurring, temporary or permanent access when paired with the Schlage Home app or Key by Amazon app, no additional accessories required
- For additional convenience, enjoy voice commands via Alexa or Google Assistant
- Create and manage up to 100 access codes for trusted friends and family
- User codes: 4 digit user code, 6 digit master code
- Fingerprint-resistant, capacitive touchscreen with easy one-touch locking
- Built-in alarm technology senses potential security breaches at the lock
- Low battery indicator offers weeks of advanced warning for battery replacement
- Easy to install with just a screwdriver
- Unique Snap n Stay technology snaps the deadbolt onto the door so both hands are free during installation
- Guaranteed to fit standard doors (1-3/8 in. to 1-3/4 in. door thickness and 2-3/8 in. or 2-3/4 in. backset)
- Certified Commercial Grade 1
- Manage your lock from anywhere using your smartphone
- App guided lock installation and setup
- Lock/unlock your door remotely
- Create and schedule unique access codes
- Track past usage with the activity log
- Set customizable notifications
Everything is better with WiFi. The Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt with Camelot Trim provides 24/7 access to your deadbolt with built-in WiFi from anywhere using your smartphone. Create and share up to 100 access codes with family, friends, and repairmen when paired with the Schlage Home app or Key by Amazon app. Using the Schlage Home app, you can manage your lock from anywhere, create and share access codes, and receive activity logs and notifications in one centralized location. Take convenience to the next level with voice commands to control your lock using Alexa or Google Assistant. This deadbolt is fingerprint-resistant so no evidence of your code will be left behind and the capacitive touchscreen enables easy one-touch locking by pressing the lock symbol. If the Encode is tampered with, you will know instantly with its built-in alarm technology. You will have plenty of time to change the batteries as the low battery indicator will notify you weeks in advance for battery replacement. Installation couldn’t be easier, just arm yourself with a screwdriver and Schlage’s unique Snap n’ Stay technology will snap the deadbolt onto the door freeing your hands for installing. Once finished, you will have a striking new keyless lock that will surely drive up curb appeal for your home!
5 (H) x 3 (W) x 0.9 (D) in.
5.5 (H) x 3 (W) x 2.2 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
1 3/4 in.
Built-in Alarm, Remote Control, Temporary Codes
Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant
Key by Amazon, Ring, Schlage Home
Keypad – Digits, Smartphone/App
5 pin C
A156.36, Grade 1 (Best)
Grade 1 (Best)
3 Year Manufacturer, Lifetime Mechanical and Finish
Satin Nickel, Matte Black, Bright Chrome, Aged Bronze
Schlage, Schlage Encode
Front body: Weather Resistant
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q What is a normal run time for new Duracell batteries? Does the lock lose it's programming when th... answer nowAsked by August 30, 2023 11:20 AMonA
The battery life largely depends on how often the lock is being used. In most cases a fresh set of batteries can last longer than a year, though it is recommended to change the batteries once every year or more to prevent power loss. The programming in the lock will be lost if the batteries die and are not changed quickly, though if you are managing this lock with the Schlage Home app you will easily be able to reprogram the lock as you see fit. If you are programming this lock standalone without connecting it to the WiFi, the programming will be lost and you will need to reprogram the lock by hand.
- Q Do you have extenders to accommodate a 2 1/4” door? answer nowAsked by August 22, 2023 9:34 PMonA
The thick door kit for the BE489 model will be the Schlage B489-106. This part is available for special order through our sales department. Please call us at 937-247-9327 if you would like this part to be ordered!
- Q What are the jump points on this model incase the batteries die and I do not have my keys? answer nowAsked by December 31, 2022 11:24 PMonA
This model is designed to be opened with the manual override key if the batteries were not exchanged before being completely drained. It does not have a built-in emergency power tap to override the lock.
- Q Is there a hard key in case the batteries die or the lock is broke? answer nowAsked by February 28, 2022 8:03 PMonA
Yes it comes with a key to override the lock should the batteries die.
- Q Do you use an existing deadbolt or does the unit come with one? answer nowAsked by September 21, 2021 9:45 PMonA
This lock ships with its own deadbolt and latch plate.
- Q How does the occupant of the house know the battery status? answer nowAsked by September 15, 2021 5:04 PMonA
Above the Schlage symbol at the top of the keypad, there is an LED battery indicator that will turn on in the following conditions:
• The icon will flash after a code is entered when the battery is low.
• The icon will turn solid when the battery is critical. The lock will not work without new batteries at this time.
- Q How do I change the batteries? Will I lose the codes? answer nowAsked by September 13, 2021 9:10 AMonA
For this model, you will simply need to slide the interior black cover upwards to expose the battery pack. The battery pack will slide upwards as well for you to exchange the (4) AA batteries inside. As long as this process is completed within ~15 minutes of disconnecting power, you should not lose any programming on the device.
- Q My batteries only last about 6 weeks then getting low batteries message. Can you suggest things t... answer nowAsked by August 18, 2021 11:21 AMonA
For this symptom, we would recommend exchanging the batteries for a fresh set and ensuring that the terminals are clean and free of any dust or corrosion. If needed, try removing the interior portion of the lock and refresh the cable connection between the two lock halves as a bad connection can cause passive battery drain or false low battery indicators. When replacing the batteries, please avoid using lithium or rechargeable batteries as this can cause issues. It is recommended to use standard alkaline batteries such as Duracell.