Schlage Sense BE479 Smart Deadbolt Wi-Fi Bundle
- Smart Deadbolt + Wi-Fi Adapter
- Century collection
Create, share and schedule access codes for convenient and secure keyless entry with Schlage Sense. Included Wi-Fi Adapter lets you lock and unlock your door from anywhere you have Wi-Fi connection and use voice commands for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
Note: Due to circumstances involving COVID-19, shipping times are delayed for Matte Black (622) finish Schlage products
This bundle includes (1) Schlage Sense Smart Lock and (1) Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter
Schlage Sense Smart Lock
- One of the strongest, most intelligent Bluetooth enabled locks on the market
- When the Schlage Sense lock is placed near an Apple TV*, you gain even more control, like the ability to communicate with your lock via iPhone, iPad or iPod touch—anywhere, anytime
- Apple HomeKit technology provides advanced security with end-to-end encryption and authentication between the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt and your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Designed to work with Bluetooth Smart technology
- Built-in alarm technology senses potential door attacks
- Meets the highest industry rating for security and durability
- Easy to set up and program using the Schlage Sense app (available for iOS and Android smartphones)
- Homeowners can assign codes or designate phones through the Schlage Sense app
- No fees or subscriptions
- Power with 4 off the shelf AA batteries (included)
- Lock holds up to 30 access codes at a time
- Extension kit available for thick doors
- Century trim style
*For best results, lock should be within 40 ft. of AppleTV
Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter
- Lock/unlock from anywhere on Android smartphones, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Enables voice assistant features for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Easy pairing with smartphone through Schlage Sense app
- Easy to set up – just plug into power and connect to home Wi-Fi network
- One Adapter can support up to 2 locks
- Comes with the same type of encryption used in many online purchases
For more information on the products included:
Use Amazon Alexa to control your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with your voice! When used with the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter, Alexa lets you lock and unlock your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt from anywhere with your Android smartphone or your iPhone®. Compatible via the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter.
|Exterior Lock Dimensions|
5 (H) x 3 (W) x 1 (D) in.
|Interior Lock Dimensions|
8 (H) x 3 (W) x 2 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in. (1 7/8 in. w/ thick door kit)
|Door Thickness Maximum|
1-3/4 in. (2-1/2 in. w/ thick door kit)
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 3 1/2 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Edge Bore: 1 in.
Keypad – Digits, Smartphone
Audit Trail, Auto Relocking, Bluetooth, Built-in Alarm, Remote Control, Scheduling
Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit (Siri), Google Assistant
Front Entry Handle, Lever Handle Door Locks
Satin Nickel, Matte Black
Grade 1 (Best)
|Event Audit Trail|
3-Year Limited Electronics, Limited Lifetime Hardware and Finish
Android 5.0 or later, iOS 9.3 or later
If the lock is set up with the Schlage system option (ideal for Android users or households using both Android and iOS), you’ll need to add a Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter to your home Wi-Fi network. Notifications will be enabled by default from the Schlage Sense app but can always be updated to your preference in lock settings.
After you’ve removed the lock from your app, use the app to pair the lock again. This time you will be presented with two options for set up – “Setup with HomeKit” or “Set up with Schlage System.” For your lock to compatible with both the iOS and Android smartphone app, you will need to select “Set up with the Schlage System.”
It’s important to note that virtual keys will not work with locks set up using the HomeKit option. If you’d like to take advantage of virtual keys, you will need to reset your lock to factory settings and re-pair it using the Schlage system setup noted in number 5.
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Will my Schlage Sense account information and access history be accessible to me by computer when... answer nowAsked by March 4, 2019 7:03 PMonA
Yes, you can remotely communicate with the lock as long as you have it paired to your wifi hub via the BR400 wifi device with Android, or with Apple Home kit via the AppleTV Hub.