Code-Compliant Barricade Lock
Special school pricing available, please call at 937-247-9327 ext. 501
- No scrambling to find the classroom key, simply press the red button
- Keep existing cylindrical door locks and keying systems by mounting the SAFEBOLT over the existing lock with the collar and adapter ring
- Full 1 inch throw stainless steel locking bolt and latch
- The visual indicator notifies occupants that the door is bolted
- A single motion retracts the bolt and latch from the inside at all times
- ADA compliant, meets all applicable life-safety codes
- Staff and first responders can always enter by key
- No one is ever locked in
- Inswing and Outswing models available
- Thru-bolted assembly
- Accepts any standard rim cylinder
- Metal installation template ensures smooth and speedy installation
- SAFEBOLT is approved to be used as a component in a Fire Door assembly with 1/3-hour rating with Hose Stream
- Meets Department of Homeland Security’s #1 recommendation to quickly lockdown classroom doors from inside without the use of a key
Requires steel marking template for installation (sold separately)
Fumbling for keys is the last thing you want to be doing when a hostile intruder has entered school grounds. With SAFEBOLT you only need to press it’s big red button to deploy the steel locking deadbolt and immediately lockdown your classroom. No time wasted on keys. It’s so easy even young students can use it when teachers or staff are unavailable. A visual indicator displays red or white to confirm a locked or unlocked status so you can be sure the deadbolt is successfully thrown and the room is secure. To end lockdown, simply operate the interior lever normally and both the deadbolt and latch will retract in one easy motion. Trusted staff and administrators can also open the lock from the exterior with a key once it is safe to do so. SAFEBOLT mounts to existing cylindrical door locks and keying systems, saving time and money with costly hardware replacements.
Securitech was selected as the 2019 winner of the Lock Systems & Storage Containers category for its SAFEBOLT and recognized on the main stage at ISC West, the nation’s largest converged security trade show, on April 10 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
8 (H) x 4 (W) x 2 1/2 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/4 in
|Door Thickness Maximum|
Left Hand, Right Hand, Left Reverse, Right Reverse
Durable Nylon Polymer Housing
2 3/4 in.
2 Years Mechanical & Electrical
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q Can the safebolt classroom adaptation work with mortise locksets? answer nowAsked by February 7, 2020 3:22 PMonAnswered by the admin
This lock can be installed on mortise applications but the unit may not sit flush with the handle beneath it as shown in the product images.