Pushbutton Cipher Lock
$265.00 – $317.83
Security made simple. The Kaba Simplex 1011 is a heavy-duty pushbutton lock designed to withstand high traffic and tough environments. No electronics, wires, or keys to worry about. Features auto-locking to ensure your door or gate is always locked behind you when it closes.
Volume pricing applied in cart
Upgrade to EXTRA Heavy-Duty Grade 1 Hardware Kaba Simplex 5021 Learn More
- 100% Mechanical HEAVY DUTY push button lock
- Fully bump and pick proof lock
- Thousands of possible codes combinations
- Auto-locking; can be ordered with passage mode feature in Simplex 1031 model
- HEAVY DUTY Latchbolt with deadlocking plunger
- Covers existing standard ASA 161 door hole
- Fits left and right swinging doors
- All hardware and instructions included with order
- Low maintenance, no batteries or wires
- Fits nearly all hinged doors
- Backset: 2 3/4″ included (2 3/8″ available at checkout) How do I measure?
- 3 year manufacturer warranty
7 3/8 (H) x 3 1/8 (W) x 3 3/16 (D) in.
|Door Thickness Minimum|
1 3/8 in.
|Door Thickness Maximum|
2 1/4 in.
|Door Stile Width|
Minimum 4 in.
Standard 2 1/8 in. Cross-Bore, Through-Bolt Hole(s)
1 to 5 Digits
Keypad – Digits
3-hour UL/ULC fire rating for A labeled doors
3 Year Manufacturer
Customer Questions & Answers
- Q What if it breaks and I can’t get the gate opened. Is there an override? Also, will this fit a fr... answer nowAsked by Garret on September 27, 2021 5:12 PMAnswered by the admin
These locks can certainly be installed on a gate but may require a gate box for proper mounting. The Simplex 1011 does not offer an override but the Simplex 1021 does feature a manual key override to bypass the keypad if desired.
- Q Is there a lever handle replacement for a originally round knob set? answer nowAsked by Adam on April 1, 2021 12:53 PMAnswered by the admin
Unfortunately, the lever and knob models each require slightly different housing. The lock will need to be ordered for either knob or lever usage.
- Answered by the admin
Please see our blog on how to change the code on a Simplex 1000 series here: https://www.gokeyless.com/blog/kaba-simplex-1000-lock-change-code/
- Q Does this work with either a left or right opening door? answer nowAsked by Ed on September 22, 2020 11:46 AMAnswered by the admin
Yes! The handles for this model is reversible to fit both left and right-handed doors.
- Q Is there a push button on both sides or just one? What prevents someone from reaching around a do... answer nowAsked by Curtis Mitchell on July 14, 2020 11:45 PMAnswered by the admin
The model shown here is a single-sided keypad. If you need a doublesided model that requires a code to enter or exit, please see the back-to-back version here: https://www.gokeyless.com/product/simplex-ee1011-exit-entry-pushbutton-lock/
- Q Will the Simplex 1000 Series model work on a 1-1/4” vinyl gate. The specifications indicated that... answer nowAsked by Rick Schmiege on May 3, 2020 7:38 AMAnswered by the admin
This model would not be recommended for your application. For better options, please contact our sales staff at 937-247-9327, option 1 or [email protected]
- Q Does this come with a lever handle? Can they (both types of handles) be used back to back so both... answer nowAsked by Mike Gregg on January 27, 2020 4:57 PMAnswered by the admin
The Simplex 1011 can be ordered with levers instead of knobs (L1011)! However, the double-sided model can only be ordered with knobs. The manufacturer does not offer a back-to-back model with lever handles. For more options of locks that do offer double-sided lever entry, please feel free to contact our sales staff at 937-247-9327, option 1 or by email at [email protected]!
- Q Is the collar that tightens the sides against the door suppose to have an Allen screw to hold it ... answer nowAsked by Glenn Geurts on January 24, 2020 8:17 PMAnswered by the admin
Most of the mounting hardware for this model are Phillips head screws.
- Q Can this lock be put in a temporarily unlocked position for continuous passage? answer nowAsked by michael guidry on January 16, 2020 7:25 PM